Netgear WNDR3700v2 (NA) - what version?

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

SergeS

Netgear WNDR3700v2 (NA) - what version?

Post by SergeS »

Hello everybody,
I have just installed yesterday the Gargoyle (1.4.3) on the Netgear WNDR3700v2. I've like it, so good job done by author.
Can anybody explain me why there is no newer stable revisions for North America (NA) for my router? The latest I've found is 1.4.3 (stable) and for experimental is 1.5.0.
What is the difference between NA and non-NA, is this safe to load non-NA to router manufactured for NA?
And why even for 1.4.3 the NA version is only in "factory" format, there is no systemupgrade version? Will I have NA-version if I will load "factory"-NA 1.4.3 firmware and later will upgrade to 1.4.7 (non-NA)?

SergeS

Re: Netgear WNDR3700v2 (NA) - what version?

Post by SergeS »

SergeS wrote:Hello everybody,
I have just installed yesterday the Gargoyle (1.4.3) on the Netgear WNDR3700v2. I've like it, so good job done by author.
Can anybody explain me why there is no newer stable revisions for North America (NA) for my router? The latest I've found is 1.4.3 (stable) and for experimental is 1.5.0.
What is the difference between NA and non-NA, is this safe to load non-NA to router manufactured for NA?
And why even for 1.4.3 the NA version is only in "factory" format, there is no systemupgrade version? Will I have NA-version if I will load "factory"-NA 1.4.3 firmware and later will upgrade to 1.4.7 (non-NA)?
Nobody in North America load non-NA version? I cannot believe... ;-) And nobody wants to share expirience what is the risk of doing so?