Wifi problem with WR1043ND

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Grendel99

Wifi problem with WR1043ND

Post by Grendel99 »

Hi All, I have a TP-Link WR1043ND running Gargoyle 1.4.7 connected to a D-Link modem. It has been working wonderfully for about 11 days now, but just last night I began to experience connection issues with wifi. We have various wireless devices in the house that connect and they are all having problems. If I connect via ethernet cable there is no problem, so I can only assume that I may need to tweek the wireless setting in the management utility. I've not changed any of these settings recently, so I'm at a lose to know what is going wrong. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Grendel99

Re: Wifi problem with WR1043ND

Post by Grendel99 »

Hi, I just wanted to clarify the issue I am having. When I try to connect to the internet from my PC, I look at the 'available wireless networks' list and it shows me the one I need to connect to. When I click to connect I get a message saying 'obtaining IP address', it hangs here for quite some time then come up with a message saying "limited or no connectivity" to the network.

mix

Post by mix »

Reset the router to defaults and set it up again.
WRT54GL v1.1
Gargoyle 1.4.7

pmerrill

Post by pmerrill »

I had similar problems, I set up the router so that it rebooted once a day at 05:00. Took most of the problems away.
Paul
Gargoyle 1.11.x on TP-Link Archer C7 V2 H/W