DynDns List missing

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lucky75

DynDns List missing

Post by Lucky75 »

Hey,

I can't seem to see any lists in the dropdown for Dynamic DNS. I swear I saw a thread about this earlier, but I can't find it. How would I get one for dyndns on there?

Thanks!

Eric
Site Admin

Re: DynDns List missing

Post by Eric »

I'm not sure what you mean by "lists." You select your service provider from the "Service Provider" dropdown at the top, and dyndns.com is the first one on the list. You add user/password/domain and hit the "Add DDNS Service" button. Finally, you hit save changes and it should work.

Could you be more explicit about what you want other than to say you don't see "lists" ? Maybe post a screenshot?

Lucky75

Post by Lucky75 »

Well, that was odd.

The first time I logged into the router (first few times maybe? I just flashed to 1.0.3 and was setting everything up.) there was nothing in the drop-down list. It wasn't populated. Now all the entries seem to be there, and I don't have any problems.

I'll let you know if the entires in the drop-down list disappear again.

NL2009

Post by NL2009 »

Hi Lucky75

I have had similar issues where drop-down box options are blank (e.g. the time-zone after upgrading firmware) or that option check-boxes do not function (or save their status).

These issues normally occur after upgrading the firmware (even re-loading the current version) and sometimes after restoring the configuration settings.

I have not had time to pin down the exact sequence that causes this problem, but I did see browser errors - see my post http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... =205#p1156
Regards, Nigel

DoesItMatter

Post by DoesItMatter »

I think its something to do with the web browser.

I fresh flashed 1.0.3 on, and was trying to use Google Chrome
latest version, to configure it, couldn't do it, pull-downs were
not working at all.

I opened up Firefox 3.5 - able to config everything and all the
pull-downs working perfectly, no issues.

Maybe its the way the pages are coded?
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

NL2009

Post by NL2009 »

I have also had this happen in Firefox 3.5.1. Sometimes one needs to refresh the page (CTRL-F5), but that did not always work in my case.
Regards, Nigel

Lucky75

Post by Lucky75 »

Yeah, this happened in firefox as well, even after I refreshed the page (cleared cache, too). But some time after, like I mentioned above, it seemed to work, so it really couldn't be anything firefox specific in reegards to the DOM, because it works after a while.