TL-WR941ND - No internet access

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

cj_mack

TL-WR941ND - No internet access

Post by cj_mack »

Hi,

I have got a TP Link WR941ND V3.6 and have successfully installed gargoyle firmware. However I cannot access the internet through it. Any ideas where to start? I can connect and obtain IP address via wired and wifi.

I have installed the following firmware:

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/download ... actory.bin

mix

Re: TL-WR941ND - No internet access

Post by mix »

The router isn't getting an ip address via dhcp from your isp?
WRT54GL v1.1
Gargoyle 1.4.7

cj_mack

Post by cj_mack »

As far as I can tell it is. There is a WAN IP listed on the interface. I plug my WRT54GL into the same connection and it works fine.

Thomson DSL Modem > WR941ND > Clients

As you can see, a basic setup. I don't have wireless repeaters or extra switches etc

cj_mack

Post by cj_mack »

Not sure if this might be the case: http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... 070#p12070

mix

Post by mix »

Post a screen shot of the Status->Overview page from the router.
WRT54GL v1.1
Gargoyle 1.4.7

cj_mack

Post by cj_mack »

I currently have the TP-Link connected to the WRT54GL, as I am doing a massive download I don't want to interrupt.

The only thing that changes when i plug straight into the ADSL modem, is the WAN IP, DNS and WAN gateway. They both get the correct settings from the modem. The .50 is the static IP I have set on the WRT to assign to the TP-Link
Attachments
tp-link.jpg
tp-link.jpg (54.88 KiB) Viewed 10372 times

mix

Post by mix »

The screen shot you posted pretty much defeated the purpose of the question... which was for me to ask you some more specific questions. But here I go:

I don't see how you could get a public side ip address via dhcp on the wan side if something was broken. Can you ssh into the router and ping a website like google.com? If you can't ping google.com, can you ping the ip address of google.com (in case somehow dns resolution is messed up) or some other obvious public ip address. If you connect a computer to the lan side, and get a private ip address from the routers dhcp server, can you ping the lan side router ip address (I'd say you'd have to be able to since you got dhcp to work) and can you ping the wan side public ip address?

Have you done the obvious like set the router to defaults in case something weird happened? There are other people who have posted that Gargoyle works fine on their WR941ND.
WRT54GL v1.1
Gargoyle 1.4.7

cj_mack

Post by cj_mack »

I can ping all internal addresses, but as soon as I try anything on the WAN or internet, it says network is unreachable.

By defaults, do you mean re-flash default firmware? At the moment everything is default settings from when I flashed gargoyle, except SSID name and admin password.

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

Please post a screen shot from your Status->Overview page when your router is connected to the modem. The one you posted is of little value I fear other than it shows that you have duplicate subnets on the WAN and LAN side in this configuration which is also a problem (not related to the original one).

Also it seems strange to me that your WAN and LAN have the same MAC address.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

mix

Post by mix »

If you have a WRT54GL, your wan and lan will have the same mac address... but my wlan has a different mac address. This guy has the same mac address for all 3?
WRT54GL v1.1
Gargoyle 1.4.7