Gargoyle income generation

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

uncle john

Re: Gargoyle income generation

Post by uncle john »

Uh, no. The problem is that Gargoyle is something people just download and use. Once it is working they don't come back to the site unless something is broken and they want to complain on the forum.
Eric: You are referring to the relatively small number of people (compared to the vast number of users) who actually know anything about routers and networks etc. The average user is simply out of their depth with anything other than a PC, iPod or iPhone etc.
Here is another idea: In the past I've noticed that a couple companies provide maintenance services for Privoxy. First they configure it to suit the client's requirements and then they continue to maintain it for a regular fee. I suggest a similar service could be offered for Gargoyle.
If you could create a system where service providers could remotely maintain individual Gargoyle routers I think there could be quite a large market for this sort of product/service.