Updates

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Eric
Site Admin

Updates

Post by Eric »

I've released a couple of updates to v1.0 in the download section. These updates address bugs reported since the 1.0 release: 1.0.1 fixes a major issue with the quota system, and another significant problem in the white-list functionality is fixed in 1.0.2.

Also in 1.0.2 is an experimental fix for the wireless ap+sta problem in atheros-devices reported in the 1.0 release. However, due to the intermittent nature of the original problem, I am not 100% certain that this fix solves the issue. I would be very grateful if some of you could help test this fix and report your results in the forum.

ispyisail

Re: Updates

Post by ispyisail »

Success "AP + Client"

Using Meraki mini

uncle john

Post by uncle john »

I'm considering upgrading my Meraki minis to Gargoyle too. By "AP + Client", do you mean two APs in a WDS setup? :?

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

I don't think the bug ever affected WDS, just the situation where you have AP+Client configuration (or client bridge repeater). It seems fixed now... though one guy is claiming that he has problems with his RealTek NIC, which was working before, and that worries me.

Baron3K

Re: Updates Gargoyle 1.0.2

Post by Baron3K »

First of all - sorry for my english, it's not my native language. :shock:
Second of all - Great Job with Gargoyle, Eric you Kick ASS :) :D

1.0.2 Gargoyle release seems to work stable on my Fonera 2201 with WPA encription in AP Client + STA mode (repeater). :D

Well i've ran a small test pinging from my notebook wirelessly connected to fonera which is connecting to remote gateway(ap mode) (1000 counting, icmp ping) maybe 5% were lost, reasons uncertain yet :P

For sure it works better than it used to before.

juanantofb

Post by juanantofb »

hi

sorry for my english

in version 1.0.2, in wireless bridge/repeater mode, after do a scan to choose a networt to conect, only apears 5 networks, while in version 1.0.1 apears 17, in some situation, and some antena

i using:
gargoyle_1.0.2-atheros-root
gargoyle_1.0.2-atheros-vmlinux

is a know bug?

thank

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Yeah, I noticed this too, but figured it was a small price to pay for getting ap+sta (and therefore client bridge repeater mode) working. I'll see what I can do about coming up with a better solution to this issue but for now this is the best I can do.