NANOSTATION 2

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

hkfunk27

NANOSTATION 2

Post by hkfunk27 »

Hi guys,im a newbie,been reading through the old posts.
I got nano station 2,would like to flash with gargoyle?can it be done via the current airos firmware upgrade page?or not?also which is the current best version to use on the nano2.And last but not least.Will external antenna feature be enabled after flashing?Or can it be enabled easily afterwards? sorry for all the questions!but need some info! :)

Eric
Site Admin

Re: NANOSTATION 2

Post by Eric »

Since I don't own the device to test on, so I can't be certain, but based on the the openwrt wiki page on this device, it looks like you can use flash the gargoyle_1.0.0-atheros-ubnt2-squashfs.bin directly to your device from the firmware upgrade page. According to the same page, in order to make the external antenna work you need to create an init file in init.d (or modify another active one) so these lines get executed at boot:

Code: Select all

sysctl set dev.wifi0.softled 0
gpioctl 7 0

hkfunk27

Post by hkfunk27 »

OK,THAT COMMAND to enable the external antenna?can this be doen afterwords?after i have flashed ap?Thnx for info!

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

You can only implement this after you have flashed the AP. You will need to ssh into your router edit a file in /etc/init.d to include those lines (should resemble other init scripts you find in there), and then run

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/[name of file] enable
This enables the script.