Gargoyle obtain different DHCP WAN IP Adress than TP-LINK FW

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

ispyisail

Re: Gargoyle obtain different DHCP WAN IP Adress than TP-LIN

Post by ispyisail »

I have a Internet Access when I use Custom WAN MAC with this 192.168.1.82 DNS enabled.
So your router is working fine with a custom MAC address ?

I assumed your router connected to your ISP but you still couldn't connect to the internet with a client PC.

SirLancelot1982

Post by SirLancelot1982 »

I'm already have connection to the Internet with all my client PCs with exactly this settings I give You on the screens.

My question is:

Is it correct to set WAN MAC Address static and custom? Which MAC address should be set in my Internet Operator settings as my MAC Address whit access to their network? WAN MAC Address? LAN MAC Address? If they set my LAN Address as my identification and only one MAC that I get access to My Operator network and it will not change until I will not give them different one that means for me that using custom MAC Address for my WAN is correct. I just want to know is there an option that I will lose network access with custom WAN MAC when Operator will make some settings modifications. That's all.
Last edited by SirLancelot1982 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
---

Best Regards

SirLancelot1982

#---#
ROUTER: TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND
HW: 1.8
SW: Gargoyle 1.5.8
#---#

hnl_dk

Post by hnl_dk »

SirLancelot1982 wrote:I'm already have connection to the Internet with all my client PCs with exactly this settings I give You on the screens.

My question is:

Is it correct to set WAN MAC Address static and custom? Which MAC address should be set in my Internet Operator settings as my MAC Address whit access to their network? WAN MAC Address? LAN MAC Address? If they set my LAN Address as my identification and only one MAC that I get access to My Operator network and it will not change until I will not give them different one that means for me that using custom MAC Address for my WAN is correct. I just want to know is there an option that I will lose network access with custom WAN MAC when Operator will make some settings modifications. That's all.
Your router only has one MAC address from the factory, the one that gargoyle uses.
TP-LINK strangely sets another MAC address for the WAN port, than its hardware coded MAC address.
If you look at the button of the router, you can see that the Gargoyle MAC address is the correct one.
Your ISPs DHCP server will release the lease at 10/02/12 23:06 CET, where you can use another MAC address. If you want to do it before, press the "Renew Lease Now" button and the DHCP lease will get renewed at the point you press it.
Router: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4
AP: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4

SirLancelot1982

Post by SirLancelot1982 »

OK I have contact with my Internet Operator Service and:

1/ They have MAC 54:E6:FC:AE:5C:41 as my network access MAC. Same as I set Custom WAN MAC and as I was informed by Service I will always get network and Internet access with this MAC set as my WAN MAC. So one thing is clear finally.

2/ I asked Service about LAN and Wireless MAC Adresses for check out is that correct that Gargoyle sets it as 54:E6:FC:AE:5C:40 in both LAN and Wireless. They told me that it will not be a problem and nothing will go wrong with my network with the same LAN and Wireless MAC. It's true? Any suggestions?

3/ I will check at home what MAC Address is printed on the router and if it will be 54:E6:FC:AE:5C:40 I give this MAC to my Internet Operator to change 54:E6:FC:AE:5C:41 as they have now.

So. When I back home I will remove 192.168.1.82 from my DNS list as You suggest(it's strange that DHCP sets this as DNS automatically) but I will remove it as You mentioned.

######

So much problems and the reason was that my Internet Operator have me described as MAC 54:E6:FC:AE:5C:41 so somehow Original TP-LINK Firmware could obtain different WAN MAC Address automatically and everything was always fine. Gargoyle I think has a problem with obtaining different WAN MAC than my router MAC Address. That's only way for me to explain all of this. I correct MAC Address in my Internet Operator to 54:E6:FC:AE:5C:40 and now Gargoyle obtaining WAN Settings automatically.

Question is why Original TP-LINK Firmware could obtain different WAN MAC Address than routers MAC Address and in Gargolye only way was manual set WAN MAC Address as Custom to 54:E6:FC:AE:5C:41 so exactly the one that my Internet Operator had. It was error on TP-LINK Firmware or maybe Gargoyle is less flexible in obtaining different WAN MAC Address than TP-LINK FW?

Now Gargoyle obtaining right WAN settings automatically and a have full internet connection on all my Client PCs.

Thanks for Your participation in solve my strange problem in the beginning of I hope long and stable adventure with Gargoyle :)
---

Best Regards

SirLancelot1982

#---#
ROUTER: TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND
HW: 1.8
SW: Gargoyle 1.5.8
#---#