Question - Active Congestion Control

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Trailblazer

Re: Question - Active Congestion Control

Post by Trailblazer »

tals wrote:Just wondering, if you ping the target what response is it giving you, you could set a higher value of the ping in the acc which will make the acc be more tolerant if the throttling by the isp is degrading the ping. You could also try different locations to ping
Yeah, is the one greyed out in the box the default (74.213.207.1)? If it is, it gives me from 10-17ms (on the default 4 ping test). I don't know how to change the ping time limit. How does one change that?

I may try changing the target to another server although I can't imagine I'll find one with better pings than that. Right now I'm just monitoring the ACC and seeing what behavior I observe. Thanks for the suggestions!
Netgear WNDR3700V2 Gargoyle 1.10.0
TP-LINK Archer C7 v4 Gargoyle 1.12

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

The ping limit can be modified starting at v1.5.2 but I see little benefit in doing that. Your limit is currently 85ms which is a good limit for you.

I read your last post and you seem to have a good grasp of how the ACC works. The link limit means nothing unless your load is at the limit.

In next few weeks I will upgrade the ACC to version 2 which will include more goodies to make things work even better. Stay tuned.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

Trailblazer

Post by Trailblazer »

pbix wrote:The ping limit can be modified starting at v1.5.2 but I see little benefit in doing that. Your limit is currently 85ms which is a good limit for you.
OK, sounds good to me. I don't see any advantage, either.
pbix wrote:The link limit means nothing unless your load is at the limit.
Yep, now I understand that. The Speedtest (like you said) was not enough of a load to raise the limit. I got it!
pbix wrote:In next few weeks I will upgrade the ACC to version 2 which will include more goodies to make things work even better. Stay tuned.
It just keeps getting better...can't wait!
Netgear WNDR3700V2 Gargoyle 1.10.0
TP-LINK Archer C7 v4 Gargoyle 1.12