Port Triggering

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

Tank_Killer

Port Triggering

Post by Tank_Killer »

Port triggering would be a great feature to have. It would allow us to manually config many devices that need a forward, eliminate the need for UPNP. Enabling upnp was the only way I could get my xbox's to work the way I wanted.
Last edited by Tank_Killer on Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

nicram

Re: Port Triggering

Post by nicram »

You ask for thing, that will automatically make some ports opened, and redirected if game/software need them. You know what, this is what upnp do, You can also redirect them manually with ports redirect function.
TL-WR1043ND HW v1.8 | FW Gargoyle 1.5.X (Built 20120504-1907 git@2bf3cf2) | 2 Mbit | PPPoE

Tank_Killer

Post by Tank_Killer »

I understand what UPNP does, I simply would like to configure my own triggers manually. Thus eliminating the need to use UPNP, which has security holes.

Perhaps this isnt a feature worth the trouble of inclusion, just thought id toss in something I thought was missing (among a million other things that a million other users want).

thanks again to this team, great work.

nicram

Post by nicram »

But this feature is there! :)
Just log in into the Gargoyle, go to Firewall-Port forwarding, and there You can setup port redirections, and range of ports to redirect.

I read that triggering may mean two things: just a manual port redirection, and semi automatic port redirection (that enable port redirect only for IP already preconfigured, but it stays disabled untill app calls for that). I'm not sure which one do You have on mind. Here is the link to the site, of deamon that works inside the Gargoyle/OpenWRT for upnp, maybe it also support what You need, but You must enable it Yourself. Try to specify what protocol it use for that.

Link: http://miniupnp.free.fr/
TL-WR1043ND HW v1.8 | FW Gargoyle 1.5.X (Built 20120504-1907 git@2bf3cf2) | 2 Mbit | PPPoE