1.5.2 wireless hangs on load

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Maokuma

1.5.2 wireless hangs on load

Post by Maokuma »

Im using an Netgear 3700v1 that I upgraded from 1.5.1. to 1.5.2 with sysupgrade.bin. And did a (30-30-30 memory reset).

I configured the router as following:
---------Internet---------
-Gateway
-DHCP (Wired)
---Local network/lan---
-Deafult DNS Servers Specified by ISP
(No extra options)
-------Wireless-----------
-Acess Point (AP)
-N+G+B
-20Mhz
-Max transmit power
-Wireless MAC filter Disabled

-SSID: BigBearNetwork
-Wireless ch: 5
-Encryption: WPA2 PSK (Supports WII and PS3)
-Password: (using 10 standard letters)
-SSID: Enabled
-Wireless Client Isolation Disabled

------Other options-------
Next, I have DHCP aktivated on 192.168.1.2 and up.
I have also an usb hard drive and an usb printer connected
Problem itself: Wireless fails to work after som time and on heavy load. I can often trigger the error by streaming media from a wireless computer to a wireless smartphone by using music player Winamp.
At fail, if computer has its wireless to reconnect. It will stay connected for 1-5 minutes more. (The same error on 6 of my tested wireless units with diffrent wireless cards.)
I have also found out that the usb performance is bad but only over Wireless. But usb printer works fine.

My network setup if it helps:
Modem 24 mb/s (Wired)-> Netgear Router (Wired)-> D-link switch (100mb/s line)
D-link -> 4 computers
Netgear Router Wired -> 2 computers
Wireless -> 6 computers and 4 smartphones
(It reminds me that DD-WRT had a similar problem witch rendered my router useless.)
I am going back to 1.5.1. Thanks! 8-)
Last edited by Maokuma on Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DoesItMatter

Re: 1.5.2 wireless hangs on load

Post by DoesItMatter »

It would greatly help troubleshoot issues if you could do some testing.

Flash OpenWRT 10.03.1 final

You should be able to flash right from the Gargoyle GUI

Configure fresh, run some testing, see how wireless performs

If there are still dropouts, it's an OpenWRT issue
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

Maokuma

Post by Maokuma »

I'm back on 1.5.1 and everything works great again. I do have an old dropout problem with an USB TL-WN821N but everything else here is connected without failure.

I'll do some testing with OpenWrt tomorrow. I hope that someone understands this better than me, as I am lost. Hope there will be a future fix but I am not in a hurry.

Thanks for all your hard work! 8-)

hnl_dk

Post by hnl_dk »

Maokuma wrote:I'm back on 1.5.1 and everything works great again. I do have an old dropout problem with an USB TL-WN821N but everything else here is connected without failure.

I'll do some testing with OpenWrt tomorrow. I hope that someone understands this better than me, as I am lost. Hope there will be a future fix but I am not in a hurry.

Thanks for all your hard work! 8-)
it would help, if you saved some log information. This could possibly show what could be the problem.

I would recommend the following: http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... f=7&t=1736
This will make it possible for you to save the syslog data in a very user-friendly way.
Router: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4
AP: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4

Maokuma

Post by Maokuma »

Sorry for taking so long.

I have been able to successfully install DD-WRT revision18007 with those basic Wireless settings I used before, also with the standard settings of dd-wrt for Sweden. The USB drive and printer is also still connected and working fine for now.

I also did an (30-30-30) NVram erase for a clean install and firmware reset and for those who want to know:
Do not turn the router off. With your computer connected, and on, using your trusty toothpick, hold down the reset button until the power LED starts blinking green.
Still holding the reset button, turn off the router, and wait fifteen seconds.
Holding down the reset button, turn the router back on, release only after the power LED blinks green.
Turn the router off, and wait five seconds before turning it back on. The router will boot normally.
Credits to NatRay at DD-wrt forum
The led-panel did not work on my Netgear 3700v1 with the newer 18024 so I did not trust it but the difference should be minor as I understand it.

Also, thanks for the link hnl_dk!
I have not yet found an error. I'll report if there is something amiss and post a error log if possible. :geek:

Maokuma

Post by Maokuma »

Never mind, it worked fine at first. But I forgot to activate DHCP on the addresses 192.168.1.2 and up instead of having the addresses 192.168.1.100 and up for network sharing.

And it does the monkey dance...

Both the wireless and the wired connection acted up and the router emigrated to the stoneage. I did not get anything out of this, sorry. I hope someone with an better understanding of the open firmware and its code and twist will get something out of this.
It's late here in Sweden so I'll have to restore it to the fantastic 1.5.1 Gargoyle. But I'll try to learn how the log function works when I get time for it.
Last edited by Maokuma on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hnl_dk

Post by hnl_dk »

Maokuma wrote:...It's late here in Sweden so I'll have to restore it to the fantastic 1.5.1 Gargoyle. But I'll try to learn how the log function works when I get time for it.
Sov godt, når du når til det ;)

Lets hope that the next version will include fixes for the wireless driver, that could help your router: http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... =14&t=2178
Router: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4
AP: TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.5.4

avbm1980

Post by avbm1980 »

Maokuma wrote:Im using an Netgear 3700v1 that I upgraded from 1.5.1. to 1.5.2 with sysupgrade.bin. And did a (30-30-30 memory reset).

I configured the router as following:
---------Internet---------
-Gateway
-DHCP (Wired)
---Local network/lan---
-Deafult DNS Servers Specified by ISP
(No extra options)
-------Wireless-----------
-Acess Point (AP)
-N+G+B
-20Mhz
-Max transmit power
-Wireless MAC filter Disabled

-SSID: BigBearNetwork
-Wireless ch: 5
-Encryption: WPA2 PSK (Supports WII and PS3)
-Password: (using 10 standard letters)
-SSID: Enabled
-Wireless Client Isolation Disabled

------Other options-------
Next, I have DHCP aktivated on 192.168.1.2 and up.
I have also an usb hard drive and an usb printer connected
Problem itself: Wireless fails to work after som time and on heavy load. I can often trigger the error by streaming media from a wireless computer to a wireless smartphone by using music player Winamp.
At fail, if computer has its wireless to reconnect. It will stay connected for 1-5 minutes more. (The same error on 6 of my tested wireless units with diffrent wireless cards.)
I have also found out that the usb performance is bad but only over Wireless. But usb printer works fine.

My network setup if it helps:
Modem 24 mb/s (Wired)-> Netgear Router (Wired)-> D-link switch (100mb/s line)
D-link -> 4 computers
Netgear Router Wired -> 2 computers
Wireless -> 6 computers and 4 smartphones
(It reminds me that DD-WRT had a similar problem witch rendered my router useless.)
I am going back to 1.5.1. Thanks! 8-)

Hi friends,
I know that wireless is a new technology to connect to the devices. In this technology ,it is not used in the wire. Thanking you .