Unable to disable reset, WR1043ND v3

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

toysareforboys

Unable to disable reset, WR1043ND v3

Post by toysareforboys »

I used to disable the reset button all the time with v2 of TL-WR1043ND by editing /etc/config/system and deleting the "reboot button" and "reset button" blocks, :d to delete, :w to save :q to quit. Worked like a charm. I do the same thing on v3 and it has no affect :(

I save that, reboot the router, verify that the file was saved. If I hold down the reset button the router resets and that file gets put back with the reboot button and reset button settings :(

So, how do I disable the reset button on the TL-WR1043ND without having to physically hack it off or superglue it?

Thanks!

-Jamie M.
Last edited by toysareforboys on Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lantis

Re: Unable to disable reset, WR1043ND v3

Post by Lantis »

Not sure why that wouldn't work, but if you go to /etc/rc.button and remove the link for reset and wps, the buttons should no longer function.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

toysareforboys

Re: Unable to disable reset, WR1043ND v3

Post by toysareforboys »

Lantis wrote:Not sure why that wouldn't work, but if you go to /etc/rc.button and remove the link for reset and wps, the buttons should no longer function.
Great, thanks! I'll give it a try tomorrow :)

-Jamie M.