Largest USB stick

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

griftopia

Largest USB stick

Post by griftopia »

Hi guys,

So the other day I plugged in a 32GB USB stick which gargoyle had no trouble mounting. Yesterday I plugged in a 128GB stick and it was as if it was not even there. I rebooted, hard cycled my WD N750 to make sure it was not a glitch.

So I know the 128 GB stick works fine in my computer. My question then is what is the largest size supported by my router/firmware. I know this router designed for plugging in large powered usb external drives. I'm thinking beyond a certain GB size, it needs power.

Am I on the right track? I don't really want to use powered USB drive, but want to know how much large I can go and don't want to spend money on a 256 USB stick if that's the issue. Else, I will continue to research why the 128 GB USB stick did not mount.

Thanks in advance.
ISP Provided Router [Irrelevant]
WD MyNetN750 Client Bridge - Garygoyle @ 5.0Ghz Yes !!!

nworbnhoj

Re: Largest USB stick

Post by nworbnhoj »

griftopia wrote:Am I on the right track?
see this thread http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... esk#p28392
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E

nworbnhoj

Re: Largest USB stick

Post by nworbnhoj »

aakicee wrote:In our home we have 4 lodgers, and I'm fairly certain they hog all of the internet, but I've no way to prove/restrict this. I googled software, and this and DD-WRT came up. What I want to do is:

Use the WR1043ND to connect wired OR wirelessly (not bothered) TO my BTHub3, so that the WR1043ND uses the internet through the BTHub3.
Gargoyle 1.6.2 on your WR1043ND can do all of this with ease.
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E