Successfully flashed a router? Tell Us!

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

GeorgeBiF

Re: Successfully flashed a router? Tell Us!

Post by GeorgeBiF »

TP link Archer C7 V2

I followed an older procedure of a 3-step flash:
• factory-to-ddwrt-US.bin (reverts to ddwrt)
• ArcherC7v2_webrevert.bin (Flash to a version to TPLink that can be flashed to Gargoyle)
• gargoyle_1.9.2-ar71xx-generic-archer-c7-v2-squashfs-factory.bin

Everything works great!

My question is, "Has the bricking problem been solved?" I know this was an issue with 1.9.x, but I don't know if 1.9.2 has resolved that problem.

massive

Post by massive »

Flashed WR2543ND with 1.9.2 and everything is beautiful. Ok almost everything, I found out that I can use USB for ext rootfs, so this is my next task. This router is awesome, I can connect to it 100m from my house, sorry, original TP firmware was on this device less than 30 seconds so I wasn't able in that short prriod of time to walk 100m to test the range of original TP firmware :-)
WR-2543ND - 1.9.2
WR740Nv4 - 1.8.0 - WIRELESS BRIDGE

deadl0ck

Post by deadl0ck »

Zapped an old Samknows TP-LINK R3600 and installed version 1.8 - working great !!

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

1.9.x is currently the most stable firmware ever

mrouilla515

Succesfull installation fw 1.92 WD MyNet 750

Post by mrouilla515 »

Hi, new to this project. After a couple of hiccups, I finally got the firmware (1.92) to run on my old WD N750. Was not able to get it to load any 1.9x basic firmware files but succeed with version 1.8. From there, the 1.92 upgrade was fine.

While not as flashy as the original FW, I am very please with the features and notice a marked improvement in responsiveness and wi-fi performance. The last official WD firmware was pretty old (2012).
I understand most of the settings of gargoyle but the section about using the router as bridge is difficult to understand. I will post another question about that.

woka

Post by woka »

bored@work wrote:Successfully flashed TP-Link TL-WR940N v3 from stock to Gargoyle 1.9.2 (using the WR941ND v6 firmware).

No issues with install and Gargoyle has now been stable for about 3 weeks. It has allowed me to share my satellite broadband with a neighbour with download quotas set for each of our wireless routers.

I don't think this could have been accomplished as simply and cost effectively without Gargoyle.

Thanks to all who contributed to its development.

Charlie
I'm very curious to know if your TL-WR940N v3 was a chinese version or an international one ...
It would be great if it would be possible to install gargoyle on the TL-WR940N v3 international ....
(sorry of having hijacked the thread but I couldn't find a link on the user profile with which I could send him a private message)

Opale7000

Post by Opale7000 »

wndr3700v2 with 1.10 Looking good :D

stevebtas

Post by stevebtas »

WNDR3800 from 1.9.2 to 1.10.0 with settings preserved
No apparent problems
WNDR3800 Gargoyle v1.11
D-Link DIR-868L (wifi access point, standard DLink software)

dafez

Post by dafez »

Archer C7 v2.

Renamed the BIN to factory.bin and flashed from TP-Link software to Gargoyle. Took a couple minutes and was good to go.

bearbits

Post by bearbits »

TP-Link Archer C7 v2
Stock Firmware 3.14.3 Build 150427 36706n

Flashed Gargoyle Ver 1.10 factory.bin (sorry I had to shorten file name to get it to update) by using update firmware option in stock firmware.

Did not take on first attempt even after reboots. However, upon second attempt it did with no further issues.

No idea why first attempt did not work, but it did not brick device; and I just needed to connect with original router ip address to re-connect for second attempt.

GUI is very user friendly. Setup openVPN with no problem either.

So far I'm happy with set-up.