Linksys WRT54G Router

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

CornwallRealty

Linksys WRT54G Router

Post by CornwallRealty »

My main router was purchased in the Gargoyle shop and is running the Gargoyle firmware. I have a second router (Linksys WRT54G) that I would link to connect to the main router by means of a wireless bridge. The Linksys firmware does not support bridge mode so I would need to install the Gargoyle firmware. I see in the docs that it says it will run slow on the Linksys hardware. My question is this.... What exactly does run slow mean? Does it refer to slow when accessing the firmware or does it mean anyone connected to the router will have a slow connection?

As this would only be used as a secondary access point, I would rarely be making changes to the firmware. Am I correct that all reports would be found on the main router in this scenario?

tapper

Re: Linksys WRT54G Router

Post by tapper »

Yes you have that rite but if you want to just use it for a bridge then y not use ddwrt that's what i do. it just seems to run better for that job.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

n0pin

Re: Linksys WRT54G Router

Post by n0pin »

Do not install newest versions of Gargoyle on WRT54GL. It's recommended to install 1.4.7 version, althrough some people reported success with 1.5.6..