TP-Link TL-WR841N V9

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

jonnim

TP-Link TL-WR841N V9

Post by jonnim »

I wanted to use gargoyle for home use for my kids and went out and bought a tplink-tl-wr841n. I didn't realise a new model was out and that it now has a atheros ar9533 chipset. Has anyone got any info on this yet and whether there will be support for it in the future. The open wrt forum hasn't even published version 9 yet?

nsrivastava2

Re: TP-Link TL-WR841N V9

Post by nsrivastava2 »

Anyone, any update on ver 9 hardware?

Is there anyway I can modify ver 8 files to run on ver 9 hardware?

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

nsrivastava2 wrote:Anyone, any update on ver 9 hardware?

Is there anyway I can modify ver 8 files to run on ver 9 hardware?
Short answer is no.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

medhj

Post by medhj »

hello i find a way take dd-wrt: here the link.
Its work fine. :-)
ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/others/eko/BrainSl ... wr841ndv9/

medhj

Post by medhj »

Hello, If You need a Webrevert, also from DD-WRT TO Stockrom ask me and i will send you the file.

have a nice day

jjcb

Post by jjcb »

Could you please post a webrevert from DD-WRT to stock ROM for wr841n V9.

Thanks.

medhj

Post by medhj »

Subject: TP-Link TL-WR841N V9
jjcb wrote:Could you please post a webrevert from DD-WRT to stock ROM for wr841n V9.

Thanks.

this is the file link:
http://q.gs/6git8
and follow this description:
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/tp-link/tl-wr841nd

read this:

Go back to original firmware:

With the TL-WR842ND router, there is a catch: the stock firmware is obtained from the OEM: http://www.tplink.com/en/support/downlo ... =TL-WR841N

in case the file name of this firmware file does not contain the word "boot" in it, you can simply revert back to original firmware
in case the file name of this firmware file does contain the word "boot" in it, you need to cut off parts of the image file before flashing it:

The following method applies both for the V1 V1.5 V3 V5 V7 V8 and V9 since the bootloader is the same size.

An example of an image file with the word "boot" in it is wr841nv9_en_3_14_4_up_boot(131129).bin.

Cut the first 0x20200 (that is 131,584 = 257*512) Bytes from original firmware:

dd if=orig.bin of=tplink.bin skip=257 bs=512

You should transfer the firmeware image to the /tmp folder and revert back to original firmware (if availlable you can flash the firmware via the webinterface as well):

Via the safer method using sysupgrade:

sysupgrade /tmp/tplink.bin

Or you use the mtd method:

mtd -r write tplink.bin firmware

It is also possible to revert to the stock firmware using the method with tftp described in "TFTP install". (you still need the firmware images without the boot part).

OEM TP-Link firmware for the TL-WR841ND with the boot part removed or the original firmware if there wasn't a boot part to revert to the original OEM firmware:

http://www.tplink.com/resources/softwar ... 131129.zip

Ahsan12

Post by Ahsan12 »

Ought it be accessible via browser? Or does ap mode effectively disable it?

Do the normal processes for factory resetting apply? Googled but After flashing openwrtaand gargoyle I'm not sure if the button does the same thing anymore.
flashfir

Decrease your exam stress by using our latest HP0-S34 free brain dumps and best quality Aruba and passguide.
Last edited by Ahsan12 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.allmobilespec.com/

arampe

Post by arampe »

Hello guys , I have the exact router says v 9.1 , and I flashed with v8 factory.bin using cmd and mtd, flashing went fine ,and now when I power on the router power light is on , no LAN , Internet or wifi lights . If I hold the reset button while powering on I get the lock/ security light coming on with the power light.

I tried pinging. 192.168.0.1 , 192.168.1.1 , my last set ip, no pings were successful.

I tried tftp but not sure the time the router is ready for the file , 1 sec after power on or 10 sec , neither work, using OSX tftp client , btw.

Help ?
I had ddwrt running on the router before I flashed .

Thank you

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

arampe wrote:Hello guys , I have the exact router says v 9.1 , and I flashed with v8 factory.bin using cmd and mtd, flashing went fine ,and now when I power on the router power light is on , no LAN , Internet or wifi lights . If I hold the reset button while powering on I get the lock/ security light coming on with the power light.

I tried pinging. 192.168.0.1 , 192.168.1.1 , my last set ip, no pings were successful.

I tried tftp but not sure the time the router is ready for the file , 1 sec after power on or 10 sec , neither work, using OSX tftp client , btw.

Help ?
I had ddwrt running on the router before I flashed .

Thank you
Sounds like you bricked your router by flashing a non-compatible image. The only way to debrick is would be via serial/tftp... no other alternative.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.