WAN not working on TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

Chilling_Silence

Re: WAN not working on TP-Link TL-WR1043ND

Post by Chilling_Silence »

I can confirm it's also working for me, thankyou very much for posting that :-)

I've also mirrored that German firmware and included it with the standard TP-Link firmware, as well as 1.5.6 of Gargoyle here in case anybody was after it:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BxtKTq ... HF4b2dOZVU

Thanks again to gizmo64.

Now we can only hope that the newer builds of Gargoyle based on the newer OpenWRT aren't too far off, as they should include the fix :)

Troll

Post by Troll »

Hi,

I had the same issue as topic starter and many else, I just want to point out to things from my own experience;

1. I was not able to firmware upgrade from Chrome. I had to use Opera Browser.

2. I was not able to proceed with step 3 firmware upgrade with the file name "3_-_Gargoyle_Official_-_gargoyle_1.5.6-ar71xx-tl-wr1043nd-v1-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin" - It had to be shortened down a bit.

Be aware of the file name length.

Kingpin

Post by Kingpin »

Hi all,
Successfully flashed my TP-WR1043nd hardware ver1.8. You guys have done all the hardwork so it went smooth for me. Now its time to explore everything that Gargoyle has to offer. I am a mere user of the computer and if i can flash my router in one go, it means Eric and team have come a long way now.
Btw, my purpose from this router is to provide internet access to the guests in a hostel. I know Gargoyle is not fully functional for hotspot, but many features will help me have more control. I am no techie so must readup a lot on openvpn.
Hail Eric

einjelhart

Post by einjelhart »

i need help i'm using also this model of router. can someone here help me how to upgrade my router because im still using the factory firmware im planning to use this gargoyle for limiting some of the users on my network. please i really need this. im newbie about configuring router please advise...thanks,

Kingpin

Post by Kingpin »

Hi einjelhart,
I am a newbie too. I read everything i could understand about routers, firmwares, openwrt, etc before deciding to buy the tp-wr1043nd and flash with gargoyle. Of course, there will be words and stuff new to you. I keep a google page standby for that and wikipedia mostly clarifies it quickly. Read, read and read especially what people discuss about your model especially your hardware version. I spent two weeks for this.
Good luck.
btw this thread is about a specific installation issue on the wr1043nd. you might find more help if you ask in the appropriate section.

einjelhart

Post by einjelhart »

thank you kingpin, sorry for asking here i just want to learn more about configuring and upgrading my stock firmware and its brings me here.

Chris261

Post by Chris261 »

gizmo64 wrote:Ok guys these steps worked for me.

1. Revert back to TP-Link firmware. wr1043nv1_en_3_9_17-sysupgrade.bin

2. Flash with this German firmware wr1043nv1_de_3_9_17_up_boot(100331).bin

3. Flash with gargoyle_1……-ar71xx-tl-wr1043nd-v1-squashfs-factory.bin

Now the WAN port will work. If anybody needs a link to the wr1043nv1_de_3_9_17_up_boot(100331).bin firmware..I would be happy to upload to dropbox
Thanks heaps. I was about to give up when I noticed I could not renew the DHCP lease on the router. Found this thread and now I'm up and running.
WooHoo! :mrgreen:

tvon1

Post by tvon1 »

Im having this same issue. Does this fix still work? Is there updated german firmware? or use the old one?

ddahl

Post by ddahl »

Before flashing older versions of stock firmware, try this:

In Gargoyle, go to menu item Status -> Overview and note if the items LAN MAC Address and WAN MAC Address are the same address. If they are, change your WAN MAC address to be one more than your LAN MAC address by going to menu item Connection -> Basic -> Internet/WAN and check the box at Use Custom MAC Address and fill in your new WAN MAC in the space provided.

For example, if your LAN and WAN MAC address were shown to both be a0:f3:c1:c2:01:ea, fill in your custom WAN MAC as a0:f3:c1:c2:01:eb. Save your settings (Save Changes at the bottom of the screen) then reset your router (menu item System -> Reboot -> Reboot Now.)

Hopefully that is of some help to you.