WNDR3700 (cannot reflash)

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

grant

WNDR3700 (cannot reflash)

Post by grant »

I recently flashed my router with the gargoyle gargoyle_1.5.4-ar71xx-wndr3700-squashfs-factory-NA image from OEM stock.However I realized that there was a v2 image available, which is my hardware version, and I cannot seem to upgrade the flash in gargoyle.

All it seems to to is say upgrading but in reality it does nothing. I even tried tftp (tftp -i 192.168.1.1 PUT gargoyle_1.5.4-ar71xx-wndr3700v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin) and it timed out.

My router is responsive... I just can't change the firmware. Are there any suggestions?

Thanks

buddee

Re: WNDR3700 (cannot reflash)

Post by buddee »

Make sure you don't have any blocking going on locally, if you have any anti spyware/malware/virus apps or local firewall, turn them all off. Also i would imagine if you are trying to do this TFTP, you would need to use this file: gargoyle_1.5.4-ar71xx-wndr3700v2-squashfs-factory.img because it will have a factory header in it that uboot will accept.

mates

Re: WNDR3700 (cannot reflash)

Post by mates »

grant wrote:I recently flashed my router with the gargoyle gargoyle_1.5.4-ar71xx-wndr3700-squashfs-factory-NA image from OEM stock.However I realized that there was a v2 image available, which is my hardware version, and I cannot seem to upgrade the flash in gargoyle.

All it seems to to is say upgrading but in reality it does nothing. I even tried tftp (tftp -i 192.168.1.1 PUT gargoyle_1.5.4-ar71xx-wndr3700v2-squashfs-sysupgrade.bin) and it timed out.

My router is responsive... I just can't change the firmware. Are there any suggestions?

Thanks
once I had same issue when I come here. I used as you sad factory image and when I used sysupgrade than nothing happens.

My workaround was factory reset and next step was upgrade by sysupgrade.bin. After that mishmas all works ok. Next builds were upgraded OK.

hopefully it will work for you ... good luck