It is easy to flash on WNDR3700v2 ?

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

rushino

It is easy to flash on WNDR3700v2 ?

Post by rushino »

Hello,

I was looking at a new firmware since Netgear on is lacking lots of stuffs lol such port translation which is needed for my NAS now.

I wanted to install DD-WRT but then i saw Gargoyle and i was impressed by the interface and how easy it seemed to play with it.

It is easy to flash on WNDR3700v2 ? is there any special requirements ? Is this version good for it ? (gargoyle_1.4.3-ar71xx-wndr3700v2-squashfs-factory-NA)

I choosen NA because i am in North America so i believe this is the right one ?

Thanks.

Urgje

Re: It is easy to flash on WNDR3700v2 ?

Post by Urgje »

rushino wrote:Hello,

I was looking at a new firmware since Netgear on is lacking lots of stuffs lol such port translation which is needed for my NAS now.

I wanted to install DD-WRT but then i saw Gargoyle and i was impressed by the interface and how easy it seemed to play with it.

It is easy to flash on WNDR3700v2 ? is there any special requirements ? Is this version good for it ? (gargoyle_1.4.3-ar71xx-wndr3700v2-squashfs-factory-NA)

I choosen NA because i am in North America so i believe this is the right one ?
Thanks.
Hi,

Since I've been running the Gargoyle firmware on that brand and type of router myself, I can say from experience, that it's very easy to flash it. The Gargoyle firmware has far better stability and wireless strength that the original firmware.
But you can best use the latest version of Gargoyle, since it appears to run quite well on NetGear WNDR3700 routers, both v1 and v2.
You need the gargoyle_1.5.0-ar71xx-wndr3700v2-squashfs-factory.img version, since the NA version IIRC is for Non American users.
Urgje (Netgear WNDR3700v2 / Gargoyle 1.4.7)
[my ego shrank while growing up]

rushino

Post by rushino »

Hi thanks for you reply,

I am a non american user.. i am from Canada. So i believe the NA firmware is for me ? anyway i was pretty sure NA mean North American.. based on DD-WRT website (http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Netgear_WNDR3700) i tried the NA firmware and it worked without problem. Did i make a mistake ? lol

Urgje

Post by Urgje »

Hi rushino.

No you didn't make a mistake, I did. I looked into my archived firmwares and saw that indeed the NA version is for North American users. Living in Europe I had stored (and therefore flashed) the non-NA version. Apologies for the mix-up. <grin>
Hopefully you will have the same very positive experiences with the Gargoyle firmware on your WNDR3700v2 router that I have!
Urgje (Netgear WNDR3700v2 / Gargoyle 1.4.7)
[my ego shrank while growing up]

rushino

Post by rushino »

Urgje wrote:Hi rushino.

No you didn't make a mistake, I did. I looked into my archived firmwares and saw that indeed the NA version is for North American users. Living in Europe I had stored (and therefore flashed) the non-NA version. Apologies for the mix-up. <grin>
Hopefully you will have the same very positive experiences with the Gargoyle firmware on your WNDR3700v2 router that I have!
Hehe. Well.. mistakes happen don't worry. I am very glad to have choosen Gargoyle as my new firmware for my router. I really needed the port translation forwarding feature and the way gargoyle is designed is really a plus. Its so easy to manage compared to the default firmware and have tons of more useful features.

Thanks!