Gargoyle 1.12 on x64 Can`t find NIC

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

BENROFU

Gargoyle 1.12 on x64 Can`t find NIC

Post by BENROFU »

I have an old lenovo desktop with a 2 ports broadcom netextreme gigabit ethernet card.

I have gargoyle running up but can not find the card. I suppose there is missing drivers. The onboard lan is ok. When i connect a computer i am able to open web interface and SSH.

Can someone please help me get the nic up running?
The chip on nic says:
Broadcom
BCM5715CKPBG
CN0829 P13
882156 P3

Lantis

Re: Gargoyle 1.12 on x64 Can`t find NIC

Post by Lantis »

I think the "bgmac" (kmod-bgmac) driver covers most of them, or the "tg3" driver.

tg3 is included by default, so maybe the other. Running a linux system on the laptop first to understand which drivers get loaded would help you find it.

Also when you do find it, it is highly likely you'll need to compile your own version of the firmware including the required driver.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

BENROFU

Post by BENROFU »

Ok thanks for reply! I do not yet understand your answer but i will try to search and read to see what i can find out.

BENROFU

Post by BENROFU »

Is the kmod -bgmac included in newer versions?
I might try newer hardware with 86x support.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

No I had a quick look and bgmac is only selectable for the brcm47xx target, not x86.
I'm sure you get it to compile, but it wouldn't be a beginner thing anymore. That was a little surprising to me.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.