Trouble flashing linksys e3000

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

Bndwdthseekr

Trouble flashing linksys e3000

Post by Bndwdthseekr »

I'm coming from openwrt and saw the firmware for the e3000 here the other day and wanted to give the adaptive QOS a try.

After flashing via LUCI web UI I was able to configure the router, but got this on reboot:

Code: Select all

Device eth0:  hwaddr C0-C1-C0-xx-xx-xx, ipaddr 192.168.1.1, mask 255.255.255.0
        gateway not set, nameserver not set
Check CRC of image1
  Header CRC:    0xBC49BB0B
  Calculate CRC: 0x86C09902
Boot program checksum is invalid
Please use tftp to upload an image for upgrade...
Reading :: Failed.: Timeout occured
After seeing this I used tftp to flash and got the same thing after rebooting.

Any ideas?

*EDIT* Looks like 1.10 works, however 1.11(exp) and 1.12 doesn't work at all. Hope this gets fixed! :D

Lantis

Re: Trouble flashing linksys e3000

Post by Lantis »

What version of OpenWrt did you come from that worked fine?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Bndwdthseekr

Post by Bndwdthseekr »

19.07.2 is the latest I was running on it.

My sole reason for trying this firmware is the active congestion control... G1.10 seems to work pretty well! It would be nice to have the latest installed though.
Last edited by Bndwdthseekr on Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

RomanHK

Post by RomanHK »

:shock:
That's normal? in my opinion not :? :
Turris Omnia with OpenWrt 21.02 - Tested
Linksys WRT3200ACM with Gargoyle 1.13.x
TL-WR1043ND v2 with Gargoyle 1.10.0

http://gargoyle.romanhk.cz custom builds by gargoyle users

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

It's quite possible that something between 15.05 and 18.06 was broken for your device, and fixed in 19.07.
Or Gargoyle has lost some specific setting or config required to get your device working.
1.10 is based on 15.05
1.12 is based on 18.06
1.13 will be based on 19.07

I would encourage trying 1.13 if/when it becomes available. It may fix your issue.

Otherwise, someone with the device and some knowhow would need to investigate. Unfortunately, Broadcom devices like yours are notoriously unpopular due to terrible wifi support. I've thought about dropping support entirely more than once. So you may find it difficult to get this help unless you have the skills yourself?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Bndwdthseekr

Post by Bndwdthseekr »

Thanks for the advice.

I have been using this router for years and don't really need to upgrade due to the bandwidth limitation in my area. If I have time Ill try to find what the problem is. The serial console should give me some idea of what the issue is, and I may just end up buying another identical router to fool around with as they are $10 or less for the E3000 now.

The wireless capability doesn't matter to me, because I use another router for a wireless access point.

I may just end up going back to openwrt and use my scripts to control qdisc bandwidth limit until the 1.13 release.