TP-Link AC1750 V2 install issues

Report problems and success stories with Gargoyle on various hardware platforms.

Moderator: Moderators

cdoc83

TP-Link AC1750 V2 install issues

Post by cdoc83 »

Hey all, I just picked up a brand new TP-Link AC1750 (Archer C7) V2 router specifically because it looked like it had the most horse power on the supported devices list. However... I can't get Gargoyle installed. I've had a dozen WRT54G routers on DD-WRT, but this is my first with Gargoyle.

So far, I've just tried to use the web gui to upload the correct firmware version for 1.8.1 as well as 1.9.1, both error out with a message to check the file. I've renamed the file gargoyle.bin to no avail. I've read a lot of posts that have just confused me... Is it possible to flash gargoyle on this router? It seems like a lot of people have trouble with the later versions of v2.

Thanks!
Cam

Lantis

Re: TP-Link AC1750 V2 install issues

Post by Lantis »

Yes it is.
But you need to jump through the hoops.
This has been documented at least a dozen times now by various users.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8933
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

cdoc83

Post by cdoc83 »

Ok, thanks. I have read through several of those posts, but that's not exactly what I would call good documentation... I think the router should probably be taken of the supported list until there's real documentation on how to get the job done.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

cdoc83 wrote:Ok, thanks. I have read through several of those posts, but that's not exactly what I would call good documentation... I think the router should probably be taken of the supported list until there's real documentation on how to get the job done.
Its a wiki, your more than welcome to edit