Rebuild question

Discuss the technical details of Gargoyle and ongoing development

Moderator: Moderators

Grey

Rebuild question

Post by Grey »

I've been trying to troubleshoot/understand the gargoyle build process. Make FULL_BUILD=true custom will work as long as I don't actually change anything in menuconfig.

Doing a rebuild, aka, make custom seems to error pretty consistently.

Full builds every time is a real time killer. I've just been using the ar71xx so far as it's giving me less hassle than using custom

Rebuild.sh
In looking at Rebuild.sh there are 2 functions called set_constant_variables(). I'm going to guess the first one is the one that is actually being called?

netfilter-match-modules / integrate_netfilter_modules.sh
In looking at integrate_netfilter_modules.sh. Doesn't look like kernel 3.3 is actually being checked for. Should the new kernels be added or does it even matter now?
Does this actually need to run before and after doing a make menuconfig on a custom build?
As I'm getting errors about being unable to find webmon.ko I suspect integrate_netfilter_modules.sh is fighting with me

Next time I'm home my plan is break down the build process and step through to identify exactly where it's failing on me.

Really wish we could use a Config seed file and make defconfig like this guy's process https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=28392. Which lets it rebuild dependencies and make it easier to stay in sync with mainline openwrt code.

Grey

Re: Rebuild question

Post by Grey »

To answer my own question.

I did find some problems with integrate_netfilter_modules.sh. I believe I've fixed it to work with Attitude Adjustment and Barrier Breaker.

Also found a rather subtle bug in the build.sh that was breaking custom builds.

Should I email a patch somewhere?

Also started trying to update to work with Barrier Breaker. It broke a huge number of gargoyle patches. They moved all the network packages and they are going upstream to the 3.6 kernel. I think I'm close to getting a complete custom BB build. Hopefully I can get it on my router this week.

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

Why not post your patch on this thread?
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

ivyswen

Post by ivyswen »

Grey wrote:To answer my own question.

I did find some problems with integrate_netfilter_modules.sh. I believe I've fixed it to work with Attitude Adjustment and Barrier Breaker.

Also found a rather subtle bug in the build.sh that was breaking custom builds.

Should I email a patch somewhere?

Also started trying to update to work with Barrier Breaker. It broke a huge number of gargoyle patches. They moved all the network packages and they are going upstream to the 3.6 kernel. I think I'm close to getting a complete custom BB build. Hopefully I can get it on my router this week.
I have the same problem on Barrier Breaker,can you help me?