How to re-launch menuconf

Discuss the technical details of Gargoyle and ongoing development

Moderator: Moderators

ericwong

Re: How to re-launch menuconf

Post by ericwong »

roblad wrote: Do you have bwmon working ?
Yes, of course... Otherwise, I can't do bandwidth monitoring, etc...
roblad wrote: I will do distclean for GG for that revision, and will try again with netfilter unhashed.
This might work, I usually just delete custom-src..
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

roblad

Post by roblad »

Could you give me full hash from git for GG and AA revision, I will double check it.

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

roblad wrote:Could you give me full hash from git for GG and AA revision, I will double check it.
Sure

GG
62b7660a3acbecb723842382676e57b8453064f6

AA
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

roblad

Post by roblad »

Hi,

the error still the same

ERROR: module '/media/proc/test/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/linux-ramips_rt305x/linux-3.3.8/net/ipv4/netfilter/*weburl*.ko' is missing.
make[4]: *** [/media/proc/test/gargoyle/custom-src/bin/ramips/packages/kmod-ipt-weburl_3.3.8-1_ramips.ipk] Error 1

ERROR: module '/media/proc/test/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/linux-ramips_rt305x/linux-3.3.8/net/ipv4/netfilter/*webmon*.ko' is missing.
make[4]: *** [/media/proc/test/gargoyle/custom-src/bin/ramips/packages/kmod-ipt-webmon_3.3.8-1_ramips.ipk] Error 1

ERROR: module '/media/proc/test/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/linux-ramips_rt305x/linux-3.3.8/net/ipv4/netfilter/*timerange*.ko' is missing.
make[4]: *** [/media/proc/test/gargoyle/custom-src/bin/ramips/packages/kmod-ipt-timerange_3.3.8-1_ramips.ipk] Error 1

:cry:

could you send me compiled files *weburl*.ko *webmon*.ko,*timerange*.ko , *bandwith*.ko
I will put it to the dir /gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/linux-ramips_rt305x/linux-3.3.8/net/ipv4/netfilter/

or please send me ramips built packages kmod-ipt-webmon*.ipt, kmod-ipt-weburl*.ipk, kmod-ipt-timerange*.ipk, kmod-ipt-bandwith*.ipk

maybe it will help

I found that in log

( echo "Package: gargoyle-firewall-util"; echo "Version: 1.5.10.1-1"; DEPENDS=''; for depend in libc ebtables libericstools uci libiptbwctl iptables-mod-filter iptables-mod-ipopt iptables-mod-conntrack-extra iptables-mod-nat-extra iptables-mod-extra iptables-mod-iprange iptables-mod-bandwidth iptables-mod-timerange iptables-mod-weburl kmod-gre kmod-pptp kmod-tun kmod-ipt-nathelper kmod-ipt-nathelper-extra

maybe dependencies could be removed ???

right now i did touch comand with missing *.ko files and I will se if it will work - I discovered that in builds which pass through previously this packages built did not have that *.ko libraries in ipt packages.

Regards,
Robert

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

roblad wrote:the error still the same

ERROR: module '/media/proc/test/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/linux-ramips_rt305x/linux-3.3.8/net/ipv4/netfilter/*weburl*.ko' is missing.
make[4]: *** [/media/proc/test/gargoyle/custom-src/bin/ramips/packages/kmod-ipt-weburl_3.3.8-1_ramips.ipk] Error 1

ERROR: module '/media/proc/test/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/linux-ramips_rt305x/linux-3.3.8/net/ipv4/netfilter/*webmon*.ko' is missing.
make[4]: *** [/media/proc/test/gargoyle/custom-src/bin/ramips/packages/kmod-ipt-webmon_3.3.8-1_ramips.ipk] Error 1

ERROR: module '/media/proc/test/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/linux-ramips_rt305x/linux-3.3.8/net/ipv4/netfilter/*timerange*.ko' is missing.
make[4]: *** [/media/proc/test/gargoyle/custom-src/bin/ramips/packages/kmod-ipt-timerange_3.3.8-1_ramips.ipk] Error 1
Did you try to build the custom-src Openwrt ROM first before Gargoyle?
You could use make dirclean in custom-src first before building.
roblad wrote: could you send me compiled files *weburl*.ko *webmon*.ko,*timerange*.ko , *bandwith*.ko
I will put it to the dir /gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/linux-ramips_rt305x/linux-3.3.8/net/ipv4/netfilter/
I think you might still run into error even if I sent you the compiled files for these...
roblad wrote: or please send me ramips built packages kmod-ipt-webmon*.ipt, kmod-ipt-weburl*.ipk, kmod-ipt-timerange*.ipk, kmod-ipt-bandwith*.ipk

maybe it will help
Try this
https://www.dropbox.com/s/w572qekg56t65 ... .10.tar.gz
I have included all the kmod-ipt-xxxx.ipk in my build.
roblad wrote: maybe dependencies could be removed ???
If you remove any dependencies or packages, you won't be running the Gargoyle ROM with the funcationalities you are expected...
Eric Wong

roblad

Post by roblad »

Thanks,

I will try tu put directly to build_dir, I have to find where I should put /etc/modules.d/45-ipt-* files maybe in base-files/etc/modules.d

It is strange, why it not compiles that 4 modules - in any version, even when I dirclean or remove custom-scr it first time creates this modules without any files inside *.ko and 45-ipt-* are not included, modules is being created. After second run (rebuild) it crashes every time in the same step. I noticed that when I add openvpn gargoyle plugin it passing through but without this modules. Could you compress and send me your /packages/iptables the patch directory with net_filter being created durihg fresh build and custom/default/config, GG build.sh, rebuild.sh Makefile. I gues that also it could be a linux distribution problem, I am using Debian vareezy. Maybe there is toolchain additional options required. I do not have idea haw to solve it. All the tricks that you mentioned don’t work (or partialy work).

Maybe you have enough space on your dropbox you will be able to put there full garygoyle dir with your AA downloaded without dl dir. Maybe there is some permission for my user wrong - really I do not have any idea.

Regards,
Robert

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

roblad wrote:I noticed that when I add openvpn gargoyle plugin it passing through but without this modules.
I have OpenVPN plugin included in my build... seems fine here..
roblad wrote: Could you compress and send me your /packages/iptables the patch directory with net_filter being created durihg fresh build and custom/default/config, GG build.sh, rebuild.sh Makefile.
err... I will check the file size and get back to you..
How about you sent me your config file and I run a quick build to create your ROM instead?
roblad wrote: I gues that also it could be a linux distribution problem, I am using Debian vareezy. Maybe there is toolchain additional options required. I do not have idea haw to solve it. All the tricks that you mentioned don’t work (or partialy work).
I am using Ubuntu here.
roblad wrote: Maybe you have enough space on your dropbox you will be able to put there full garygoyle dir with your AA downloaded without dl dir.
It shouldn't make any difference to the one you downloaded from gargoyle. My upload speed is only 60kb/s, I am not going to upload any large files even if my dropbox have space.
You did use command to revert the GG branch to the one I used before building, right?

I thought you were just going to use your last ROM without netfiler and install these kmod-ipt-xxx.ipt app manually? It would be somewhat difficult to solve or figure out why your RAMIPS gargoyle isn't building correctly..
Eric Wong

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

One more thing you can try/check...
In my last attempt, I noticed that the openwrt kernel config is not configured to to the RAMIPS target I am trying to build.

You should check it the kernel config file inside custom-src/build_dir
i.e. open the config file with notepad or similar and check it is configured to build for RAMIPS.

However, this was resolved after I change the AA branch to the one I specified, i.e. this step is not necessary. However, since you are able to build the ROM without netfiler, I am guessing this is not the problem.
Eric Wong

roblad

Post by roblad »

Hi,
I have OpenVPN plugin included in my build... seems fine here..
>>> there is not a problem for me to skip it <<<
err... I will check the file size and get back to you..
How about you sent me your config file and I run a quick build to create your ROM instead?
>>> when I will get back home, I will send you main, I am waiting for yours <<<
I am using Ubuntu here.
>>> maybe there is a problem hmmm. i have got some virtual machine with ubuntu, but I will test it during weekend, maybe it will work on Ubuntu. <<<
It shouldn't make any difference to the one you downloaded from gargoyle. My upload speed is only 60kb/s, I am not going to upload any large files even if my dropbox have space.
You did use command to revert the GG branch to the one I used before building, right?
>>> yes I did, and did not help (hmmm, very slow connection I thought that I have slow 10 Mbits<<<
I thought you were just going to use your last ROM without netfiler and install these kmod-ipt-xxx.ipt app manually? It would be somewhat difficult to solve or figure out why your RAMIPS gargoyle isn't building correctly.

>>> I will experiment with build_dir first and after that I will switch off line in build.sh and rebuild and after successful build I will install manually this packages directly through scp/ssh <<<

I found some page with git Chinese probably, but there is one patch in iptables that is not being created in my downloaded GG and AA after ipitables patching by GG.

https://github.com/gitrepo/gargoyle

gargoyle/package/iptables/patches/ 650-custom_netfilter_match_modules.patch

gargoyle/target/linux/ramips/patches-3.3 / 650-custom_netfilter_match_modules.patch

that is probably that problem – I do not know why it is not created by netfilter/iptables patch and added to patches in my ramips.

Regards,
Robert

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

roblad wrote: >>> yes I did, and did not help (hmmm, very slow connection I thought that I have slow 10 Mbits<<<
err... 10Mbits upload is considered FAST over here... and only provided by fibre connections.

You can try this folder from
/gargoyle/custom-src/build_dir/linux-ramips_rt305x/linux-3.3.8/net/ipv4/netfilter
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zr6q402jhuvo8 ... ter.tar.gz

I don't really know what is wrong with your build when it works fine here...
It is probably related to your kernel configuration or something... those kmod are kernel packages if you didn't notice.
Eric Wong