Openwrt 19.07 based Gargoyle

Discuss the technical details of Gargoyle and ongoing development

Moderator: Moderators

pythonic

Re: Openwrt 19.07 based Gargoyle

Post by pythonic »

Lantis wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 5:01 pm
Ubuntu 20.04.1, python3, no other major config changes.
Thanks, I appear to have been able to build ipq40xx successfully with a Ubuntu 20.04.1 VM, though I'm not sure I understand what you mean by the "python3" note - do you mean adding the package "python-is-python3" rather than "python-is-python2" (which is what I used)?

I tried upgrading the Debian 9 VM to Debian 10 without changing the build failure. I also tried my preferred (X)Ubuntu derivative (Lite 5 based on 20.04) with the same result so there's a very subtle difference in the build environment between these 2 and Ubuntu that so far is beyond me to identify :(.

Also, how have you dealt with getting usable versions of node/npm installed? The nodesource_setup.sh script bails out with "unsupported distribution" and the local checkout & build of node fails for me in all 3 environments but this doesn't appear to stop the builds progressing to completion (e.g. for ipq806x which I can build on all 3). I've not yet tested such a generated image to confirm the functional impact.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Yes i was referring to python-is-python3.
I'll need to check the node issue. I haven't spotted it to be honest, it looks like it has worked for me each time, but i'll check more closely.

If it doesn't build, the only impact should be larger images due to lack of compressed JS/CSS.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

pythonic

Post by pythonic »

Lantis wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:45 pm
I'll need to check the node issue. I haven't spotted it to be honest, it looks like it has worked for me each time, but i'll check more closely.
It appears to be a compile error with a mismatch in argument counts between header definition and source implementation in deps/v8/src/heap/heap.cc (I can get you log snippets if needed).
Lantis wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:45 pm
If it doesn't build, the only impact should be larger images due to lack of compressed JS/CSS.
Ah.. not a major problem on the targets I'm building for. Thanks.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I pushed a few commits recently but I wouldn't bother building them yet. Seems there's an issue with the ath10k firmware downloads are all corrupted so you'll just get a failed build.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Appears to be working again