WNDR3800 with VLAN setup

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

rockyd

WNDR3800 with VLAN setup

Post by rockyd »

Wondering if anyone else running WNDR3800 with VLAN setup has noticed frequent down time, after it runs fine for many months. It may be coincidence, but when it starts its difficult to keep a stable connection, the NBN NTU goes through flashing all its lights. Today it went down 4 times, until I plugged the Internode modem in. Using the Internode modem restores a stable connection again. When it happens I have to factory reset the WNDR3800 and reconfigure it again after which it runs fine for many more months. This seems to have been since I have been on the NBN, and the requirement for the VLAN modification, when it was on ADSL, it was rock solid.

rockyd

Re: WNDR3800 with VLAN setup

Post by rockyd »

After running Internode router stably for about 3 hours, I plugged the Gargoyle router in again to check the version of Gargoyle, and backup the config, its 1.10.0. Ran for about an hour and the NBN NTU disconnected again.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Do you need to clone the MAC address of your internode modem?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

rockyd

Post by rockyd »

Might be worth a try, I was wondering if maybe they randomly check, if their modem is connected every so often.
I connected my 2nd WNDR3800 after loading the backup config from the original last night, it ran for 16 hours without issue, the NBN NTU went through its resync sequence, but only after the internet had stopped working for 5 to 10 minutes.

p.s If for some reason, it ever becomes impossible to run a Gargoyle router in the future, is there any way to emulate the "enable tor by host" feature of gargoyle with some inline box?
I have seen something called "Anonabox" which sounds promising, but haven't been able to work out if it does the "enable tor by host" feature

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I don't know a lot about Tor.
Maybe the Tor browser would meet your requirement?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

rockyd

Post by rockyd »

Tried cloning the MAC address from Internode modem into Gargoyle, couldn't get an internet connection
Now I can't get an internet connection anymore with the default MAC address setting either.
Meanwhile the Internode router comes up straight away.

rockyd

Post by rockyd »

Maybe coincidence again don't know. But after not being able to get a internet connection with the cloned MAC address and the original MAC address setting, I thought I would try reloading my backup config. I was then able to get an internet connection.
So far is has been up for 15 hours, hope it stays that way.