Cloudflare DDNS

If your problem doesn't fall into one of the other categories, report it here.

Moderator: Moderators

noideas4thisname

Cloudflare DDNS

Post by noideas4thisname »

Hi folks,

Long time Gargoyle user, first time posting here to seek some guidance as I haven't set up DDNS with Gargoyle previously.

I'm attempting to set up Cloudflare as my DDNS provider, but even when it claims to be successful, the configuration seems to disappear.

I pulled the zone ID and record ID I wanted to use with the Cloudflare API so I believe I'm filling in all the right info.

Are there currently issues with the Cloudflare DDNS provider in Gargoyle I'm not aware of? Has the API changed from when this provider was added?
WNDR 4300 - Gargoyle 1.9.1

:)

noideas4thisname

Re: Cloudflare DDNS

Post by noideas4thisname »

For anyone with this question in the future - rather than digging for an answer here I went ahead and configured DDNS for Cloudflare through DNS-O-Matic and set that as the provider in Gargoyle. It is working well for me at this time.
WNDR 4300 - Gargoyle 1.9.1

:)

Lantis

Re: Cloudflare DDNS

Post by Lantis »

That's a good alternative.
I was digging into this although have not had much time.

It appears while cloudflare have updated their API, it still responds on the old one
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.