Remove Gargoyle N150R

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

jd45321

Remove Gargoyle N150R

Post by jd45321 »

Hi,
I got some cheap On Networks N150R routers, thought I'd try adding Gargoyle since there was a image for it. It appears no settings will stay, so I would like to remove Gargoyle with Openwrt or original firmware. However, I can't figure out how. Any ideas how to get Gargoyle off of this router? Note, it is a clone of Netgear WNR612 v2

Thanks

famewolf

Re: Remove Gargoyle N150R

Post by famewolf »

I don't have the specific answer however a similar issue cropped up in the openwrt forum for those routers and the image had to be made a tiny bit smaller so there would be space left to save the config. That may just involve changing a few of the config flags when compiling. Have you tried earlier versions of the firmware that have a smaller physical size? You might give that a shot before totally ruling gargoyle out.

Volaris

Post by Volaris »

I was never able to get Gargoyle running on those routers. However, you could install OpenWRT - that's what I flashed on them.
QoS Tip: Don't complicate your QoS settings. Gargoyle evenly splits available bandwidth between active devices as needed. Just delete all your classification rules and leave only one normal service class and you're done. No more arguing over bandwidth.

famewolf

Post by famewolf »

I got gargoyle on 3 of the on networks N150/Netgear WNR612 V2 models. They now provide a specific build which worked fine..I DID have to first install openwrt and then upgrade them to gargoyle as the .img didn't work right.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=8946