Grabbing the Bandwidth Distribution Table

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

Asharad

Grabbing the Bandwidth Distribution Table

Post by Asharad »

I'm looking for a way to grab the data shown on bandwidth distribution table, and store it on a remote server. Has this been done by anyone?

I have two Gargoyle routers because I have 2 different ISPs. I'd like to collect the bandwidth distribution data for both routers, and store it on a linux host. My intent is to make a web page on the linux host that collects all usage on one screen. I'm having trouble determining how to get to the data in Gargoyle. My first though is SNMP, but the solution isn't obvious.

Asharad

Re: Grabbing the Bandwidth Distribution Table

Post by Asharad »

Nevermind, I found another thread detailing what I need.

Asharad

Re: Grabbing the Bandwidth Distribution Table

Post by Asharad »

I'm receiving PM's asking how I accomplished this. I used the work of hugo.rosario from this thread.

My script is more advanced, but the core credit goes to Hugo Rosario. Mine generates a report for up to 3 gargoyle routers showing the usage for the past month. Here is an example report:
example1.png
example1.png (70.65 KiB) Viewed 2803 times

Furthermore, I added libcharts to provide graphic indication for each user on the network. Here is an example:
example2.png
example2.png (50.04 KiB) Viewed 2803 times
Attachments
scripts.zip
(4.54 KiB) Downloaded 231 times