Themes compatible with version 1.9.2?

General discussion about Gargoyle, OpenWrt or anything else even remotely related to the project

Moderator: Moderators

city_zen

Themes compatible with version 1.9.2?

Post by city_zen »

I noticed that some of the themes available at the repository show "Version 1.9.2-1"
Does that mean that they are (mostly) compatible with the new interface?
I read on another thread that Lantis said that the only two themes that had been updated to work with Gargoyle v 1.9.2 were Dark One and Gargoyle Modern. And only those two would trigger the "Themes" menu item.
I wanted to install Theme by Matei, which is one of the themes with the 1.9.2-1 version number. After installing it, the Themes menu item (predictably) wasn't displayed. So I also installed Gargoyle Modern, to make the menu item appear. After that I was able to switch from the default theme to Theme by Matei v 1.9.2-1
It seems to work, at least on desktop. When I access the web interface from my smartphone the navigation with this theme (Matei) is a bit more difficult. But, apart from that, it looks like it can be used.
Are there any risks or downsides to using that theme? Should I wait for a future update before using it?

Thanks

Lantis

Re: Themes compatible with version 1.9.2?

Post by Lantis »

You can use it if you like, but it definitely wasn't updated.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.