Version 1.3.5: Wireless N

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

Gingernut

Re: Version 1.3.5: Wireless N

Post by Gingernut »

Got round to flashing my wr1043nd and is working great in Wireless Bridge/Repeater mode.

Eric,

Will you be updating the wireless configuration page with wireless N related configs as in Channel Width 20/40 MHz, channel sideband control, etc ?

Another thing that would be nice to see is a wireless device status page with rssi, wireless signal quality, tx/rx rate, etc info.

Thanks for all the hard work and time dedicated on the Gargoyle project.

xuanyinwen

Post by xuanyinwen »

Hi there,

I am using 1.3.4, I can do a backup on the router, but can't restore even I try many times, after I choose the back up file and click on the restore button, after 2mins, the router will just offline and show can't open this page,I am using open-mesh MR3201A.

so 1.3.5 working with back up and restore?

cheers

DoesItMatter

Post by DoesItMatter »

xuan,

what browser are you using when trying to do backups/restores?

are you using Windows? Try and use I.E.

Also Google Chrome seems to work quite well with Gargoyle.
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

xuanyinwen

Post by xuanyinwen »

Hi there, thanks for that,
I am using window7, and browser is chrome. but it seems not work for me for the restore part. have tried many times. always end up with can't find this page and then the router will reboot.

have you tried it on the same 1.3.4 gargoyle? and is it work?

thanks again
Xuan

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Make sure the backup file isn't getting unzipped. When you download it and when you restore from it, the file should still have a .tar.gz extension. Someone once reported a browser automatically unzipping the file, trying to be helpful. Then Gargoyle choked since the backup file uploaded was not zipped properly, and therefore in the wrong format.

Cezary

Post by Cezary »

Some issue for ath9k:

- mac filter not work. remove or add patch from https://dev.openwrt.org/ticket/7856
- wds for ath9k not require another bssid. only mode sta and option wds 1
- info about firmware flash. Requere bin packages, not img
- please, add 20/40MHz channel width
- also - add Timezone for Europe/Warsaw - same as Berlin/Zagreb

And - for ath9k IMHO usb should by enabled by deafult.
Last edited by Cezary on Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

xuanyinwen

Post by xuanyinwen »

HI Eric
restore problem sorted after I upgrade to 1.3.5.
however, now when I try to check the connected hosts, it doesn't show any thing under Connected Wireless Hosts
its under Status-->connected hosts--> Connected Wireless Hosts.

any idea why please

thanks a lot
Wayne

arteq

Post by arteq »

I found bug in Gargoyle for ar71xx platform. I use Routerstation Pro. When I go page "Connection" and set up some options(e.g.. off WAN) and "Save Changes" - router hangs. To fix this I need set up right lan interface to "eth1" via serial console. Gargoyle after click "Save Changes" set up LAN interface as "eth0". In Routerstation "eth0" is WAN.
Best Regards, Artur
http://openwrt.pl - Polish Center of OpenWrt
http://digi-led.pl - Electronic Parts

uncle john

Post by uncle john »

Eric wrote: New in 1.2.5:
  • Reset button resets Gargoyle defaults for Atheros 231X/5312 (backported from 1.3.5)
  • Fixes timezone display when timezone is a plain UTC offset (backported from 1.3.4)
  • Fixes setting of ip_conntrack_udp_timeout_stream key (backported from 1.3.4)
Oh no! I think I've bricked my "Gargoyle Pocket Router"! I used gargoyle_1.2.5-atheros-combined.squashfs.img to update firmware. Did I use the right file?

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

uncle john: First, don't worry. You haven't bricked it -- there's a relatively easy way to recover after a bad flash. Look for FonFlash in the downloads section, and a tutorial on using in the Documentation section. I've never had FonFlash fail to bring a router like this back from the dead if something has gone wrong.

I'm not sure what went wrong with flashing the router, but I will admit these routers are a lot more finicky about upgrades than either broadcom or ar71xx routers (but they are cheap, and FonFlash will always bring them back).

To use FonFlash to install 1.3.5 use the gargoyle_1.3.5-atheros-root.squashfs for the root file and gargoyle_1.3.5-atheros-vmlinux.lzma as the kernel file (you'll be prompted for both when the utility loads).

If you have any questions on using FonFlash, just PM/email me.

arteq: Thanks for catching what was wrong with the RouterStation Pro. When I initially tested, I just checked the wifi without connecting the WAN, which is why I didn't catch this initially.

Cezary: All your requests should now be implemented in the git repository except the time zone (I'll get to it), and USB (again, I'm working on it). Thanks for your suggestions.