Version 1.7.1 - Guest Network Support

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

durian
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:00 pm

Re: Version 1.7.1 - Guest Network Support

Postby durian » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:11 pm

Shared file on master network can visit by guest network . better have a switch to turn it on or off. :roll:
Buffalo
WZR-HP-AG300H Gargoyle 1.7.1
WZR-HP-G300NH Gargoyle 1.7.0
WRT3200ACM Openwrt 18.06.1

Eric
Site Admin
Posts: 1436
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:14 pm

Re: Version 1.7.1 - Guest Network Support

Postby Eric » Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:43 pm

durian: You're saying you can access a USB disk share from the guest network? Can you be more clear on how you have this share configured? I just tested this and found I can't access the shared disk on the guest network.

lceron80
Posts: 111
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:42 pm

Re: Version 1.7.1 - Guest Network Support

Postby lceron80 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:49 pm

upgrade on my wndr3800 went smoothly. i couldn't get internet access after upgrading. reflashed and still the same connectivity issue. went back to 1.6.x and the issue resolved itself. is there anything i can do to troubleshoot and pin point why i cannot get internet access with this update :(
1x wndr3700v4 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndr3800 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndr4300v1 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndrmacv2 exp. 1.9.x

User avatar
chigo58
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:09 am

Re: Version 1.7.1 - Guest Network Support

Postby chigo58 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:55 pm

jwhipp wrote:Purchased new TP-link Archer C5 AC1200 v1.2 and just installed Gargoyle 1.7.1 a few hours ago. Haven't been testing long, but so far, it looks good. Thanks, Eric and contributors.


plan to upgrade my C5 and C7 in the coming days.. id be interested in knowing if you encounter any hiccups :)
x2 Archer C5,C7 - Stock | x1 TL-WA730RE v1 - Openwrt 14.07 | x2 TL-WR1043ND v1.7 - Gargoyle v1.6.X http://goo.gl/VMbxcH | x2 WRT54GL v1.1 Tomato v1.28.7821 MIPSR1-Toastman-ND, 14929_vpn | x1 WHR-HP-G54 - Gargoyle 1.4.7

nworbnhoj
Posts: 914
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:08 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Version 1.7.1 - Guest Network Support

Postby nworbnhoj » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:00 pm

Thank you Eric for the work into 1.7.1 - much appreciated.

I upgraded TP-Link TL-WR1043N/ND v2 successfully from 1.7.x to 1.7.1 with preserve settings.

Lantis wrote:Web Usage monitor seemed to auto enable itself which was odd.
I also saw this!

However, I am unable to load the TOR plugin with very similar symptoms to earlier versions 1.7.0 & 1.6.2
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6428
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E

durian
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:00 pm

Re: Version 1.7.1 - Guest Network Support

Postby durian » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:16 pm

Eric wrote:durian: You're saying you can access a USB disk share from the guest network? Can you be more clear on how you have this share configured? I just tested this and found I can't access the shared disk on the guest network.

Eric:shared folder on my other computer which connected to the master SSID.
all my devices(PC, TV box) are show on guest network. :shock:

Is there a way to disable MAC filter for the Guest SSID?? just want it to be available only for the main SSID :P

THX!
Buffalo
WZR-HP-AG300H Gargoyle 1.7.1
WZR-HP-G300NH Gargoyle 1.7.0
WRT3200ACM Openwrt 18.06.1

ispyisail
Moderator
Posts: 4653
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:15 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Version 1.7.1 - Guest Network Support

Postby ispyisail » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:33 pm

durian wrote:
Eric wrote:durian: You're saying you can access a USB disk share from the guest network? Can you be more clear on how you have this share configured? I just tested this and found I can't access the shared disk on the guest network.

Eric:shared folder on my other computer which connected to the master SSID.
all my devices(PC, TV box) are show on guest network. :shock:

Is there a way to disable MAC filter for the Guest SSID?? just want it to be available only for the main SSID :P

THX!


Screen shot please

durian
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:00 pm

Re: Version 1.7.1 - Guest Network Support

Postby durian » Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:37 pm

This is the error message i get in Safari:
Safari can't open the page
Too many redirects occurred trying to open “http://192.168.1.1/overview.sh”. This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page.

Chrome works fine :roll:
Buffalo
WZR-HP-AG300H Gargoyle 1.7.1
WZR-HP-G300NH Gargoyle 1.7.0
WRT3200ACM Openwrt 18.06.1

justAguy
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:03 pm

Re: Version 1.7.1 - Guest Network Support

Postby justAguy » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:15 am

Upgrade went smooth (preserved) on a C7 V2.
Still can't configure the 5GHz wi-fi though (works on BB).

durian
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:00 pm

Re: Version 1.7.1 - Guest Network Support

Postby durian » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:38 am

ispyisail wrote:
durian wrote:
Eric wrote:durian: You're saying you can access a USB disk share from the guest network? Can you be more clear on how you have this share configured? I just tested this and found I can't access the shared disk on the guest network.

Eric:shared folder on my other computer which connected to the master SSID.
all my devices(PC, TV box) are show on guest network. :shock:

Is there a way to disable MAC filter for the Guest SSID?? just want it to be available only for the main SSID :P

THX!


Screen shot please


Screen shot here
http://share.weiyun.com/f17963d85e27272 ... 3219977be3
regular right click file share on PC
Buffalo
WZR-HP-AG300H Gargoyle 1.7.1
WZR-HP-G300NH Gargoyle 1.7.0
WRT3200ACM Openwrt 18.06.1


Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests