This release is primarily a bugfix release, and includes a new Norwegian translation by github user Protx (thank you!), and numerous fixes for the Polish and other translations. Additionally, support for the new TP-Link wr1043nd v2 has been introduced.
Right now you may notice there are no models for sale in the Gargoyle Router Shop. In the next week, I will be introducing three models, including one based on the updated version of the TP-Link WR1043ND v2, which has 64MB of memory, double that of the older versions. Additionally, I am introducing a new router based on the ALFA Hornet board which uses the atheros ar71xx architecture and has 64MB of memory and 16MB of flash, but with two ethernet ports (1 LAN and 1 WAN) port. Some of you may remember the Gargoyle Pocket Router, the first small router I sold on this site. The new model will be sold as the Gargoyle Pocket Router v2, as it is a very similar size as those older models, but much more powerful. The firmware for this router is already available along with the others in the downloads section.
New in 1.6.0:
- New Norwegian Translation
- Multiple improvements to other translations, in particular to plugin translations
- Support for TP-Link WR1043ND v2 including support for access via WAN port in failsafe mode
- Support for 16MB/64MB Hornet Board, branded Gargoyle Pocket Router v2
- New Dynamic DNS Providers strato.com, oray.com and 3322.org were added to those available
- Display Drive Name as well as device path in USB storage Configuration
- Fixes display/redirect of root login page in Chrome when connecting via https
- Fix display of incorrect key size of Blowfish Ciphers in OpenVPN client configuration