Version 1.5.8 - USB Storage with FTP

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

buddee
Posts: 50
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:13 am

Re: Version 1.5.8 - USB Storage with FTP

Post by buddee »

ispyisail wrote:update

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3461

bump openwrt revision to latest attitude adjustment


Working very well on a wzr-hp-g300nh for 3 days, set up as client+ap mode. Thanks!

ehren8879
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Re: Version 1.5.8 - USB Storage with FTP

Post by ehren8879 »

I loaded 1.5.X (Built 20121120-1751 git@40938a8) on my WNDR3700v1 and haven't had the aforementioned wireless issues arise in 9 days of continuous uptime. Let's hope the current AA's have this bug squashed.

Thanks for all the dev work guys.

ispyisail
Moderator
Posts: 4809
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:15 am
Location: New Zealand

Re: Version 1.5.8 - USB Storage with FTP

Post by ispyisail »

ehren8879 wrote:I loaded 1.5.X (Built 20121120-1751 git@40938a8) on my WNDR3700v1 and haven't had the aforementioned wireless issues arise in 9 days of continuous uptime. Let's hope the current AA's have this bug squashed.

Thanks for all the dev work guys.


based on openwrt comments some users are still having problems but it is much improved

ldi9999
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:48 pm

Re: Version 1.5.8 - USB Storage with FTP

Post by ldi9999 »

ehren8879 wrote:I loaded 1.5.X (Built 20121120-1751 git@40938a8) on my WNDR3700v1 and haven't had the aforementioned wireless issues arise in 9 days of continuous uptime. Let's hope the current AA's have this bug squashed.

Thanks for all the dev work guys.


Where did you download it? Is this a newer version?

User avatar
KREAT0R
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:27 am
Location: Argentina

Re: Version 1.5.8 - USB Storage with FTP

Post by KREAT0R »

ldi9999 wrote:
ehren8879 wrote:I loaded 1.5.X (Built 20121120-1751 git@40938a8) on my WNDR3700v1 and haven't had the aforementioned wireless issues arise in 9 days of continuous uptime. Let's hope the current AA's have this bug squashed.

Thanks for all the dev work guys.


Where did you download it? Is this a newer version?

Board index ‹ Development ‹ Show / Tell / Contribute: viewforum.php?f=14
Router test: wr841nd v5

ldi9999
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:48 pm

Re: Version 1.5.8 - USB Storage with FTP

Post by ldi9999 »

Are all versions there compitable with 3700v1 ?

User avatar
KREAT0R
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:27 am
Location: Argentina

Re: Version 1.5.8 - USB Storage with FTP

Post by KREAT0R »

ldi9999 wrote:Are all versions there compitable with 3700v1 ?

Yeah, download and check the correct version firmware for you router.

im test last build 30 nov. works very fast without problems, for me in 841nd v5 in 20hs uptime.

build 28 nov. same, im test for 6 days uptime without problems works very fast.

Sorry my english, very bad :roll: .
Router test: wr841nd v5

pmerrill
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:23 pm

Re: Version 1.5.8 - USB Storage with FTP

Post by pmerrill »

I do note that there seems to be a wireless problem with with connection speed. My wireless n 2.4 GHz was only connecting at 65Mbits. I then did a reboot for another reason and the connect came back at 150 Mbits but after a day or two it's back to 65Mbits. The distance to the router is about 10 ft (3 meters).
Paul
Gargoyle 1.11.x on TP-Link Archer C7 V2 H/W

ldi9999
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:48 pm

Re: Version 1.5.8 - USB Storage with FTP

Post by ldi9999 »

KREAT0R wrote:
ldi9999 wrote:Are all versions there compitable with 3700v1 ?

Yeah, download and check the correct version firmware for you router.

im test last build 30 nov. works very fast without problems, for me in 841nd v5 in 20hs uptime.

build 28 nov. same, im test for 6 days uptime without problems works very fast.

Sorry my english, very bad :roll: .


How do I verify? I do not want to flash the wrong firmware to brick my router. Thanks.

Never mind, found the answer myself. I did not know all firmwares are zipped inside the download. I though I just need to download the specific ones I need.

Have you tested the performance on USB samba share? Is it faster?

doritos
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: Version 1.5.8 - USB Storage with FTP

Post by doritos »

pmerrill wrote:I do note that there seems to be a wireless problem with with connection speed. My wireless n 2.4 GHz was only connecting at 65Mbits. I then did a reboot for another reason and the connect came back at 150 Mbits but after a day or two it's back to 65Mbits. The distance to the router is about 10 ft (3 meters).


Are you aware about the regulatory limitations about using 40Mhz channels (150Mbs)?

Every time the interface goes up, the router checks for any signal on your neighborhood and if it's congested, it will fall back to 20Mhz (thus, 65Mbps)

You can override this behaviour at your own responsability, search for 'noscan' on this forum.

And this behaviour is not related to this version/build

Post Reply