Version 1.4.1

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

DoesItMatter

Re: Version 1.4.1

Post by DoesItMatter »

Ryo wrote:I can also report an oddity with 1.4.1 which does not happen on 1.4.0

I am using an WNDR3700 v1, in 1.4.1 if i try to change the DCHP range or lease time in Connection > DHCP, it does not take the settings, the Please wait dialogue persists, when I go back to the page, the settings have not been put into place.
Ditto

I cannot change the DHCP range via the GUI

I will try to change it via the command line later today and report back.
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

KingViper

Post by KingViper »

EDIT - Nevermind, got home and my server took a big steaming dump. Awesome.
Last edited by KingViper on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ehren8879

Post by ehren8879 »

Ryo wrote:I can also report an oddity with 1.4.1 which does not happen on 1.4.0

I am using an WNDR3700 v1, in 1.4.1 if i try to change the DCHP range or lease time in Connection > DHCP, it does not take the settings, the Please wait dialogue persists, when I go back to the page, the settings have not been put into place.

I am new to Gargoyle, but I have noticed this with 1.4.0 and 1.4.1 (perhaps all), the WAN led shows amber instead of green meaning it is no longer connected at gigabit. Is there any way to fix this?
I came here to report both of these issues (DHCP changing and WAN LED). One thing I can verify is that though the WAN led may be amber it is still operating in Gigabit mode. I know this because my cable modem's link lights different colors based on port speed. Though the port speed is operating correctly, I too would prefer the firmware to make the WAN led green for gigabit mode.

VirgilC

Post by VirgilC »

Firstly, thanks again to Eric and the community for continuing to develop this masterpiece of network control.

A question for the knowledgable crew please,
I am currently running WRT54GL with 1.2.5.
Unfortunately havent been able to keep the Access Restrictions working with this version, kids have managed to have access all hours!
After reading through many posts I am of the understanding that 1.4.1 is going to require more memory than my trusty old WRT54GL has on board.

Finding other compatible routers in QLD has proven difficult, although I have now tracked down the TP-Link TL-WR1043ND locally.
There seems to have been a variety of issues with this router, can anyone confirm if
1) 1.4.1 will be stable installed over the stock FW?
2) Will Access Restrictions, quotas and QOS work reliably with 1.4.1?

Fingers crossed, it would be great to have automated control again as at the moment I have reverted to a mains timer switch to turn router on and off and its a royal PITA.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

screwdriver42

Post by screwdriver42 »

I have the TL-WR1043ND and set it on Gargoyle 1.4.1. On the whole I am satisfied, unfortunately spoiled my joy found me a bug. Namely, for some strange reason, I stopped my router to let me on some of the internal resources of the provider. I apologize for the bad English, but ask for help in solving this problem, because if it was not I'd be perfectly happy.

DoesItMatter

Post by DoesItMatter »

screwdriver42 wrote:I have the TL-WR1043ND and set it on Gargoyle 1.4.1. On the whole I am satisfied, unfortunately spoiled my joy found me a bug. Namely, for some strange reason, I stopped my router to let me on some of the internal resources of the provider. I apologize for the bad English, but ask for help in solving this problem, because if it was not I'd be perfectly happy.
Try http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

Type in your own language then translate to English

What you said above is not enough information?

NGowner

Post by NGowner »

VirgilC wrote:After reading through many posts I am of the understanding that 1.4.1 is going to require more memory than my trusty old WRT54GL has on board.
I'm running a WRT54G v3 with the same amount of flash and RAM as you. 1.4.0 installed no problem, running fine.

[NG]Owner

screwdriver42

Post by screwdriver42 »

DoesItMatter wrote:
screwdriver42 wrote:I have the TL-WR1043ND and set it on Gargoyle 1.4.1. On the whole I am satisfied, unfortunately spoiled my joy found me a bug. Namely, for some strange reason, I stopped my router to let me on some of the internal resources of the provider. I apologize for the bad English, but ask for help in solving this problem, because if it was not I'd be perfectly happy.
Try http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

Type in your own language then translate to English

What you said above is not enough information?
Ok. russian to english.

Мой роутер TL-WR1043ND после установки Gargoyle 1.4.1. не пускает меня по неизвестной причине на некоторые внутренние ресурсы провайдера. Попытки изменить настройки (квота или dmz) не принесли результата. В остальной части я прошивкой вполне доволен и хотел бы получить совет именно в по данной проблеме. Ранее переводил текст в Google translate.

DoesItMatter

Post by DoesItMatter »

screwdriver:

"Attempts to change the settings (quota or dmz) failed."

So that is your main issue?

Changing/applying any settings wont stay?

Try and flash version 1.4.0 and see if there is any difference.

screwdriver42

Post by screwdriver42 »

DoesItMatter wrote:screwdriver:

"Attempts to change the settings (quota or dmz) failed."

So that is your main issue?

Changing/applying any settings wont stay?

Try and flash version 1.4.0 and see if there is any difference.
Downgrade to 1.4.0 do with factory or sysupgrade.bin?

Main issue - don't open some local internet pages of provider without any reason.

Changing/applying any settings wont stay? Of course tried, no result.