Version 1.4.0 -- New Stable Branch

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

hlfstephen

Re: Version 1.4.0 -- New Stable Branch

Post by hlfstephen »

The firmware works fine on my tplink wr741n except that the wired lan shuts down after the router run for a long time(while the wireless lan still runs fine). Does anyone meet the same problem with other kind of routers?

rt_rex

Post by rt_rex »

hlfstephen wrote:The firmware works fine on my tplink wr741n except that the wired lan shuts down after the router run for a long time(while the wireless lan still runs fine). Does anyone meet the same problem with other kind of routers?

I have the problem but in bridged with repeater enable as i said here

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... t=10#p7304

argus

Post by argus »

Is it ok to restore settings from a 1.3.1x backup or should they be individually entered in 1.4.0 ?

DoesItMatter

Post by DoesItMatter »

stephen.wright.ii wrote:Does anyone happen to know if this will work with the Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300NH. The Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300NH has an Atheros AR7161 chipset with 128 megs of ram. Tried Gargoyle with 1.3.6 with wrt54gl but it brought it too its knees. I thought I'd try again when I could get top of the line router. Thanks.
http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/buffalo/wzr-hp-ag300h

Looks like its the newest trunk release only.

It may or may not work depending how much Eric refreshed.

From post 1:

Now based on newer revision of OpenWrt Backfire above 10.3.1-rc5.

So its newer than Backfire RC5 but may not be newest trunk.
Have Serial recovery ready just in case!
:twisted: Soylent Green Is People! :twisted:
2x Asus RT-N16 = Asus 3.0.0.4.374.43 Merlin
2x Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH V1 A0D0 = Gargoyle 1.9.x / LEDE 17.01.x
2x Engenius - ESR900 Stock 1.4.0 / OpenWRT Trunk 49400

asayler

Post by asayler »

I just updated my TP-Link TL-WR1043ND to 1.4.0 from 1.3.16 using the sysupgrade bin file. The upgrade went fine, but I'm experiencing fairly significant stability issues vs 1.3.16.

Under 1.3.16, everything seemed fairly stable. Now, the internet cuts out every 5-30 minutes and the router must be reset via the power plug. Running a ping to both the router and Google, communication with the router seems to drop out first, followed by communication with the Internet a minute or two later. A hard reset gets everything running again, but the failure repeats itself after another brief interval. (Edit: It just died again as I was writing this...)

I have disabled all QOS and 40 MHz features, but the issue remains. I'm using a static WAN IP and Static DNS (via MAC reservations) on the internal LAN. No quotas, DDNS, port forwarding, or other special features are enabled.

I quickly glanced at the logs (via dmesg and logread) and didn't see anything obvious. If you would like specific logs attached, let me know.

For now, I'm reverting back to 1.3.16. I'll pull a copy of the file system for future troubleshooting before I do.

Thanks for all the hard work!

-Andy

doritos

Post by doritos »

asayler wrote:I just updated my TP-Link TL-WR1043ND to 1.4.0 from 1.3.16 using the sysupgrade bin file. The upgrade went fine, but I'm experiencing fairly significant stability issues vs 1.3.16.
Exactly the same issue here... rolled back to 1.3.16

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

doritos, asayler: Sorry to hear about the problems with the TL-WR1043ND in 1.4.0 -- I'm trying to reproduce this issue on my own 1043ND, but so far no luck. I did test with this model, but evidently not well enough.

The solution may be to just wait until the issue is patched in the openwrt source since this sounds like a driver issue. I will continue to try to reproduce the problem and see if I can figure out what's going on.

hipitihop

Post by hipitihop »

Thanks for all the hard work and persistence Eric.

I'm still on 1.3.7 on my Linksysy WRT54GL 1.1 , is anyone successfully and reliably running 1.4.0 or do us GL owners have to consider upgrading our hardware.

brentj

Post by brentj »

No joy with my MR3201A. Didn't upgrade successfully from 1.2 stable but my first ever attempt so probably just me. Got the 1.4 installed OK via Fonflash and the web server active on the default IP. When I attempt to change the LAN port to DHCP Wired the web server goes down completely (WAN and LAN). Oddly on some reboots it appears to go into bridge mode with WLAN connections getting DHCP addresses from my ADSL router and traffic passing normally.

hlfstephen

Post by hlfstephen »

I find the Bandwidth quotas is not work. I try many versions and with 1.3.10 it works. ;)
I set default class to be normal in qos then set both the upload and download class of my father's pc to be slow when max upload+download are up to 0.001MB but nothing happens in 1.3.16 and 1.4.0. Does anyone know why? :(