One caveat: While quite stable, the latest versions of OpenWrt/Gargoyle take up more memory than some of the older versions. Some users have reported memory related problems with the latest releases on routers with only 16MB of memory. Users with older routers with only 16MB of memory such as the WRT54GL may find that the older 1.2 branch continues to work more smoothly.
New in 1.4.0:
- Add higher frequency 5GHz channels valid for 40MHz channel width
- Fixes bug when setting channel width for single band routers
- Fixes bug preventing passwords > 35 characters from working
- Fixes access restriction bug causing rules that apply to multiple hosts from being applied to all hosts
- Gargoyle package repository is added to opkg.conf by default
- Add theme manager that can be used to pick theme if more than one theme is installed (by default only one theme is installed and this is not active) Thanks go to Cezary for contributing this feature.
- Now based on newer revision of OpenWrt Backfire above 10.3.1-rc5. This should fix issues with some wireless drivers and WRT160NL support.