Version 1.3.13

The latest news about Gargoyle

Moderator: Moderators

HelderMF
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:14 am

Re: Version 1.3.13

Post by HelderMF »

This version solved the problem I had with my TP-LINK TL-WR841ND v3. Applying network configurations works very well now, without misconfiguring the Ethernet switch.

I found one problem/bug in this version, but I don't know if this problem also happened in older versions (because they were incompatible with my router).

In the downstream qos, in the classes table it shows correctly the load detected for each class, but in the upstream qos, the load is always represented as an " * ". It doesn't help to know if the upstream rules are correctly defined and applied.

In the congestion control options, it would be better if the max allowed ping could be customized to a lower value. This would be great to maintain the quality of low latency Internet connections. I typically have an RTT around 12-14ms to national servers/peers.

Regards,

Helder
Last edited by HelderMF on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

othelo
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:13 am

Re: Version 1.3.13

Post by othelo »

In the downstream qos, in the classes table it shows correctly the load detected for each class, but in the upstream qos, the load is allways represented as an " * ". It doesn't help to know if the upstream rules are correctly defined and applyed.


This also happen in TL-WR1043ND.
TP-Link TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.3.9
TP-Link TL-WR1043ND - Gargoyle 1.3.12 - reboot test

Polki
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:25 pm

Re: Version 1.3.13

Post by Polki »

I will re configure the router from scratch at the end of the month and see if I can get port forwarding to work properly. It would appear my torrent app cannnot get through the port and website based port checkers cannot as well. I have noticed this latest release has a siginficantly lower memory usage then previous releases. Im currently sitting around the 67% mark ~19/29Mb as opposed ot around 98-99% all previous releases.

Great job Eric and co!
Thank you

HelderMF
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:14 am

Re: Version 1.3.13

Post by HelderMF »

I also have problems with port forwarding. Yesterday I configured some ports to forward and everything was working very well. Today the forwarding was not working. I tested:

- Disable the port forwarding entry and "apply settings"
- Enable again the port forwarding table entry and "apply setting" again.

Didn't solve the problem.

Then I tried rebooting the router and the problem was solved. Port forwarding is working again. Although I don't know how long it will last. Something weird is going on with port forwarding...

Regards,
Helder

behappy
Posts: 83
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:06 pm

Re: Version 1.3.13

Post by behappy »

Simple check by putty

iptables -L -n

Take note of firewall chain rules, then you know when the forwarding is disappeared.

Trailblazer
Posts: 113
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:12 am

Re: Version 1.3.13

Post by Trailblazer »

I just got me a Ubiquiti Routerstation Pro...and I didn't even notice until after I had loaded it that you had put up a new version!

Memory Usage:26.3MB / 124MB (21.2%) :mrgreen:

Runs like a dream so far on this box. I'll be doing a lot of testing...I'll let you know if I find any problems.

Thanks, Eric and Paul and whoever else! :)
Netgear WNDR3700V2 Gargoyle 1.10.0
TP-LINK Archer C7 v4 Gargoyle 1.12

Mitar
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:33 pm

Re: Version 1.3.13

Post by Mitar »

Very nice , WR1043ND doesn't reboots anymore when saving changes :)
Also don't have problems with QOS, all works fine so far and don't see any bug.

tajima
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:13 am

Re: Version 1.3.13

Post by tajima »

@Mitar, did you do fresh install or upgrade? If it's upgrade, from which version?

Thanks.

Mitar
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:33 pm

Re: Version 1.3.13

Post by Mitar »

I did fresh install.

HelderMF
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:14 am

Re: Version 1.3.13

Post by HelderMF »

Hi!

Just to say that what I thought was a port forwarding problem, I now see that is just the Dynamic DNS that isn't updating.

I use an no-ip.org DDNS name and my ISP renews my IP every 36h (closes PPPoE session). The problem is that gargoyle is not detecting that the WAN ip has changed and the DDNS remains pointing to the older IP (for days...). I don't know if it ever worked. The only way to overcome this issue is by pressing the "force update" button...

Regards,

Helder

Post Reply