gargoyle-ispy 2015-November-07 21:28.torrent

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lantis

Re: gargoyle-ispy 2015-November-07 21:28.torrent

Post by Lantis »

Was your internet down at the time?
Because while one of those addresses is indeed unreachable, the rest are fine.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

calculoso

Post by calculoso »

calculoso wrote:This Nov 07 build seems to be performing a bit worse than the Nov 04 build (I upgraded preserving settings). On my cell, there seems to b a lot more buffering during video playback than the previous one. I'm shortly going to revert, just to confirm my suspicions.

Is there anything that I can capture or analyze to be sure there is a difference?
I definitely notice that the Nov 04 build works better on my route than the Nov 07 build.

Is there anything I should look at?

pmerrill

Post by pmerrill »

Lantis wrote:Was your internet down at the time?
Because while one of those addresses is indeed unreachable, the rest are fine.
No it was not down. However, I've had the syslog on lots of times on different gargoyle releases and I've never seen those messages before. Just a pointer to something working not quite right.

The other thing concerning is the speed. On my Nexus 6 I can't seem to get anything higher than 72 Mbps whereas on my 901 access point with stock firmware my phone will connect at 300 Mbps. Why??

To be safe I will upgrade to the latest 1.9 stable just to see if there are any problems.
Paul
Gargoyle 1.11.x on TP-Link Archer C7 V2 H/W

chrisfox

Re: gargoyle-ispy 2015-November-07 - not working dlink dir-6

Post by chrisfox »

1.6.2 was working on the D-Link DIR-615.

Firmware upgrade to Nov-7 1.9.x sysupgrade ok. But connection page will not save. Unable to apply settings. Also, when choosing static IP on the same page, the input fields do not chase accordingly.

Firmware upgrade to Oct-12 release 1.9.x sysupgrade and connection page works fine (doesn't have all the new fields Nov-7 release does.).

nworbnhoj

Post by nworbnhoj »

chrisfox wrote:1.6.2 was working on the D-Link DIR-615.

Firmware upgrade to Nov-7 1.9.x sysupgrade ok. But connection page will not save. Unable to apply settings. Also, when choosing static IP on the same page, the input fields do not chase accordingly.

Firmware upgrade to Oct-12 release 1.9.x sysupgrade and connection page works fine (doesn't have all the new fields Nov-7 release does.).
I would be interest to know if the problem is resolved by reflashing to Nov-7 1.9.x sysupgrade - and being careful to allow ample time for the flash to complete before interacting with the router.
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E

chrisfox

Post by chrisfox »

nworbnhoj wrote:
chrisfox wrote:1.6.2 was working on the D-Link DIR-615.

I would be interest to know if the problem is resolved by reflashing to Nov-7 1.9.x sysupgrade - and being careful to allow ample time for the flash to complete before interacting with the router.
Reflashed Nov-7 1.9.x sysupgrade. Now working ok after "preserved settings." Last time failed did not preserve settings. Can't see the extra fields for wifi though this time...re 5GHZ extra. Maybe those weren't for my router?
Version installed: 1.9.X (Built 20151106-2056 git@5dd9058)

nworbnhoj

Post by nworbnhoj »

chrisfox wrote:Reflashed Nov-7 1.9.x sysupgrade. Now working ok after "preserved settings." Last time failed did not preserve settings. Can't see the extra fields for wifi though this time...re 5GHZ extra. Maybe those weren't for my router?
Version installed: 1.9.X (Built 20151106-2056 git@5dd9058)
Great.
I can only see ref to 2.4GHz for your router hardware
https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/d-link/dir-615
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Just sounds like the symptoms of a bad flash.
JavaScript wasn't running behind the UI and therefore the fields that normally get hidden, didn't.

If a reflash fixed it then no dramas.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

chrisfox

Post by chrisfox »

Lantis wrote:Just sounds like the symptoms of a bad flash.
JavaScript wasn't running behind the UI and therefore the fields that normally get hidden, didn't.

If a reflash fixed it then no dramas.
Makes sense.
All good now after the reflash.
Has been running fine for a few days.
Thanks

pmerrill

Post by pmerrill »

I've been experimenting for a few days now and there are some screwy behaviours with WiFi, at least on my Nexus 6 running Marshmallow. I'm about 3m from my AP TP-Link 901ND running stock firmware and 3m from my TP-Link 4300 running this version of Gargoyle.

If I connect to the AP, I always get 144 Mbps and I need to go through the ceiling to get there (it's upstairs)

If I connect to my 4300, I sometimes get 144 Mbps, other times I get 130 Mbps, 78 Mbps, 59 Mbps, more often 78 Mbps than any other. It's also in the same room as where I did the measurement.

According to WiFi analyser the signal strength of the AP is -56 dBm and Gargoyle -52 dBm.

I've changed the channel of Gargoyle from 11 to 1 with similar behaviour.

I've looked through defects at OpenWRT (link below) but nothing jumps out except the power problem.

https://dev.openwrt.org/query?status=ac ... r=priority

Any ideas?
Paul
Gargoyle 1.11.x on TP-Link Archer C7 V2 H/W