gargoyle-ispy 2015-October-31 21:31.torrent

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

SirDrexl

Re: gargoyle-ispy 2015-October-31 21:31.torrent

Post by SirDrexl »

calculoso wrote:I'm going to test some more, but I think there is a time bug in this build. Even though I have set the time zone, it appears that all time is being evaluated based on UTC.

The current time shows UTC
The restrictions seem to trigger off of UTC time and not my local time zone

Any idea why this would happen?
Maybe it has something to do with Daylight Saving Time? I'm going to wait until after the changeover as a precaution, because there were issues with it in the past.

calculoso

Post by calculoso »

SirDrexl wrote: Maybe it has something to do with Daylight Saving Time? I'm going to wait until after the changeover as a precaution, because there were issues with it in the past.
Lantis was right - it needed a reboot to readjust the base time.

Unfortunately, I used the "reboot" command from the menu instead of a power cycle, and my router went into a constant reboot cycle as long as any wired connections were connected. It was up long enough for me to backup this config and revert to a previous one, and it is again stable.

I'm going to compare the configuration files to see if there is any difference between them that could cause the reboots.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

the reboot loop was caused by the time being wrong.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

calculoso

Post by calculoso »

Can you explain why the time would cause reboots, when it was ok before the reboot?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

basically as part of the reboot process the system makes a backup of the bandwidth usage data that feeds all of the graphs.
that data has time stamps.

when the system boots up, the time gets shifted after (i think) the data gets reloaded and causes a panic. system then reboots again. The process continues indefinitely.

You can fix this by as you said removing the internet connection so it can't set the time properly (sometimes works).
or
Triggering failsafe mode, removing all data from /usr/data/bwmon, and then rebooting.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

PikeoftheLake

Post by PikeoftheLake »

Does this version or the future 9.x version fix the wifi issue where if one device is connecting at g speeds, all devices are forced to connect at that speed?

tapper

Post by tapper »

Can CC be bumped to Changeset 47335?

https://dev.openwrt.org/changeset/47335

CC: kernel: update kernel 3.18 to version 3.18.23
Changelog:
https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel ... og-3.18.22
https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel ... og-3.18.23
backport of r47334.
Signed-off-by: Hauke Mehrtens <hauke@…>
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

calculoso

Post by calculoso »

Lantis wrote: when the system boots up, the time gets shifted after (i think) the data gets reloaded and causes a panic. system then reboots again. The process continues indefinitely.
Is this a reported bug that will be fixed? To me, this is a system stability issue that could cause people to abandon Gargoyle completely.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

The thing about the reboot issue: I believe it's there but I need to know how to consistently replicate it (and I've been unable to do so, so far).

Can you specify a specific set of steps that will consistently result in the reboot bug? I need to reproduce the bug consistently before I can figure out exactly what is triggering it and fix it.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Eric wrote:The thing about the reboot issue: I believe it's there but I need to know how to consistently replicate it (and I've been unable to do so, so far).

Can you specify a specific set of steps that will consistently result in the reboot bug? I need to reproduce the bug consistently before I can figure out exactly what is triggering it and fix it.
It happened to me as well

Fresh install, did not preserve setting.

at firstboot selected New Zealand time zone but time zone did not change until I ran

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/system restart