CC Build gargoyle-ispy 2015-September-28 06:43.torrent

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

tapper

Re: CC Build gargoyle-ispy 2015-September-27 04:09.torrent

Post by tapper »

Lantis wrote:
tapper wrote:first bug found.

I flashed my wdr3600 and under TCP Timeout it was set to 7440
Yep just saw that one of the patches didn't get added back in. Not sure if intentional or not.
02_sane_sysctl_defaults.patch

If you want to change it, the value that patch uses is 600 and the max connections is 4096.
Hi thanks i set it to:
Max Connections:
16384 (max 16384)
TCP Timeout:
3600 seconds (max 3600)
UDP Timeout:
3600 seconds (max 3600)
All seems to be fine.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

ispyisail

Re: CC Build gargoyle-ispy 2015-September-28 06:43.torrent

Post by ispyisail »

It appears that OpenVPN has problems

Since trying to activate openVPN the router became unusable

router now appears to be in a reboot loop

Can somebody else confirm?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Lantis wrote:plugins system is broken.
plugin installs correctly but then none of the post_install scripts run meaning they don't show up in the UI. Consequently, uninstalling also fails.
The culprit looks to be the "default_postinst" and "default_prerm" scripts in CC in /lib/functions.sh
The scripts created are in this makefile for ipkg:
http://git.openwrt.org/?p=15.05/openwrt ... b5;hb=HEAD

its running a default postinst script for each package i believe and this stuffs it up. if we unpack each IPK file for each plugin, we can see in the control.tar.gz each of these default files an example. They rename the ones that we wish to run to "postinst-pkg" etc.
Did more digging into this and came up with the above. That is quite frustrating.
Any plugins or packages built prior to the CC builds will install fine because they don't use these default scripts.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

RomanHK

Post by RomanHK »

Hello
I tested this build to the speed of the UPC, I have a 240 / 20Mbps - test speed: 138/20 = speed from slow to build CC (same as BB) :( , I have tested OpenWRT, there is everything ok. Device: TL-WR1043ND V2.
Turris Omnia with OpenWrt 21.02 - Tested
Linksys WRT3200ACM with Gargoyle 1.13.x
TL-WR1043ND v2 with Gargoyle 1.10.0

http://gargoyle.romanhk.cz custom builds by gargoyle users

francisuk1989

Post by francisuk1989 »

tapper wrote:
Lantis wrote:
tapper wrote:first bug found.

I flashed my wdr3600 and under TCP Timeout it was set to 7440
Yep just saw that one of the patches didn't get added back in. Not sure if intentional or not.
02_sane_sysctl_defaults.patch

If you want to change it, the value that patch uses is 600 and the max connections is 4096.
Hi thanks i set it to:
Max Connections:
16384 (max 16384)
TCP Timeout:
3600 seconds (max 3600)
UDP Timeout:
3600 seconds (max 3600)
All seems to be fine.
Im using 300 TCP timeout, 240 UDP timeout with no issues at all, Xbox Live, 2 PCs and 2 Android tablets all at the sametime.

Tryed little as 120 TCP timeout but was having disconnection problems on call of duty ghosts as this a P2P matchmaking game.
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1.5 (ar71xx)
EE Brightbox 1/Arcadyan AR7516 (BCM63xx)
MK RB750r2 - OpenWrt Snapshot ar71xx
D-Link DIR-615 D2 - OpenWrt (ramips/rt305x)
AWS Region Latency Checker # http://awsspeedtest.xvf.dk

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Looks like plugins issue might be fixed.
Doing a quick build now.

EDIT: I still have much to learn about the build environments.
It is fixed.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Building, give me 8 or so hours

Volaris

Post by Volaris »

I installed this yesterday on one of my Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 and had a few issues.

-It couldn't get a DHCP WAN IP address, so no Internet. Tried restarting a few times without fix.

-Tried to Telnet to do a firstboot. Connected and loaded screen fine, but typing firstboot command did nothing other than give a blank line where you could continue to type stuff. I let it be for 15 minutes to see if it was doing that in the background, but nothing; it didn't reset after I restarted it.

-Reset option from GUI doesn't work either; does nothing, just hangs forever.

-Not sure if important or just a coincidence, but when I first installed this image, Chrome/Opera could not load the 'firstboot' GUI page (the one that asks you to change your password). Said something about too many redirects. Firefox loaded it fine, though.

-And lastly, it seems the WiFi bug has carried over from Gargoyle Barrier Breaker builds (1.7-1.8). Still defaults to BG wireless and selecting different wireless options does not change a thing, which makes me suspect wireless will continue to be unstable on CC. Was really hoping CC build would have fixed this.

Gargoyle 1.6.2 was the last flawless build for this router due to above wireless bug (and what I use as my daily). OpenWRT Barrier Breaker and CC are also flawless (ran each for ever a week without any bugs or issues noticed).
QoS Tip: Don't complicate your QoS settings. Gargoyle evenly splits available bandwidth between active devices as needed. Just delete all your classification rules and leave only one normal service class and you're done. No more arguing over bandwidth.

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

Please elaborate on this: "Still defaults to BG wireless and selecting different wireless options."

I have heard reports of instability, but have not heard reports of wireless defaulting to B/G. Please let me know your setup (with screenshots if possible) and how you tested this (how do you know it's defaulting to G only wireless?).

Also, if you could post *working* wireless configuration files from vanilla OpenWRT Chaos Calmer builds, since you say it is working there, that would be very helpful in tracking down what is going on. If it is working in default Chaos Calmer, it should be possible/straightforward to fix the issue.

Volaris

Post by Volaris »

Eric wrote:Please elaborate on this: "Still defaults to BG wireless and selecting different wireless options."

I have heard reports of instability, but have not heard reports of wireless defaulting to B/G. Please let me know your setup (with screenshots if possible) and how you tested this (how do you know it's defaulting to G only wireless?).

Also, if you could post *working* wireless configuration files from vanilla OpenWRT Chaos Calmer builds, since you say it is working there, that would be very helpful in tracking down what is going on. If it is working in default Chaos Calmer, it should be possible/straightforward to fix the issue.
Hi Eric

What I mean by default to BG is that when you select to turn on wireless in the GUI, the pre-selected option is BG. This would not be a problem since the router broadcasts at N even with that option, but to me it's the giveaway that it's going to have wireless stability problems (tested on 1.7 thru 1.8; did not test on 1.9 since I couldn't get a WAN IP for Internet access). Additionally, if you change it from BG, to BGN or B, it continues broadcasting at N. On 1.6.2 and below (yes, I tested a few of them) it defaults to BGN on the GUI, and if you change it to BG or B, it'll switch as told (as in, it'll actually stop broadcasting N if told... not that I would do that).

The wireless stability issues seem related to hostapd (or whatever controls that). The errors I've noticed on 1.7-1.8 are either "deauthenticated due to local deauth request" or "deauthenticated due to inactivity" by hostapd. Once that occurs, the wireless signal strength will stay strong, but TX rate / MCS index will drop to zero, making the connection useless. Simple wireless or router restart fixes it.

For what it's worth, I also tried the Polish Eko Gargoyle build on the router. The odd thing is that 1.6.2.2 image also has the same wireless issues (both GUI and stability) present on regular Gaygoyle's 1.7+, despite being based on Attitude Adjustment. I looked at his changelog and it's the following - not sure if one of those changes could have started the wireless issues.
2014-09-27 Version 1.6.2.2
- CHANGE: update drivers ath9k
- CHANGE: adding support for 3G LED TL-WR842ND v2

2014-08-28 Version 1.6.2.1
- NEW: adding "thepiratebay" to monitor Address
- CHANGE: With the upgrade while maintaining the configuration transition to an IP address such as a router is set to not 192.168.1.1
- CHANGE: dropbear updated to version v2014.65
- CHANGE: Default off ANI (adaptive noise immunity) driver wifi
Synchronization number of the current issue of Gargoyle
Below are two working wireless configurations. First one is Gargoyle 1.6.2 and the second one is OpenWRT CC.
Both work fine. I tried copying the OpenWRT wireless config to 1.7.2 but it didn't fix. The only disconnect I see in the OpenWRT config is that it says hwmode is 11g... while the router broadcasts at wireless N and the only wireless mode option in the GUI is wireless N (and wireless is rock stable).

Lastly, below are the settings I use when I setup the router.

Thanks for reviewing this. I hope that helps. Let me know if there's anything else I can provide to assist.
QoS Tip: Don't complicate your QoS settings. Gargoyle evenly splits available bandwidth between active devices as needed. Just delete all your classification rules and leave only one normal service class and you're done. No more arguing over bandwidth.