Archer C7 V2 dual band is working good here. Seems stable so far.
I just had to build from sources with a little edit to ar71xx.usb_large profile to add ath10k module as built-in.
Gargoyle UI shows dual band settings but I could not use it to set it up. I had to do it through command line.
Hope it helps
Hi rojolko, could you give a bit more details on the commands you used to manually configure? I am rather a noob with gargoyle.
I managed to create my own build of Gargoyle 1.7.1 with the ath10k kernel modules. I simply copied the modules to the router and loaded them okay, but this created a second wlan interface wlan1, which does enable 5GHz. How do make this work in view of the existing wlan0 interface, which I assume is owned by the ath9k module?
Okay, I think I solved it myself. The steps I took:
1. Build Gargoyle 1.7.1 ar71xx.usb_large modified to include ath10k kernel module.
2. Copy ath10k package file from build to router: ./ar71xx-src/bin/ar71xx/packages/base/kmod-ath10k_3.10.49+2014-05-22-1-3d085dc48e07dd4b62ddca86b61e76b8_ar71xx.ipk
3. Install package on router: opkg install kmod-ath10k_3.10.49+2014-05-22-1-3d085dc48e07dd4b62ddca86b61e76b8_ar71xx.ipk
Should now have both ath9k + ath10k kernel modules loaded, and have 2x wlan interfaces.
4. Create new wireless config:
- cd /etc/config
- mv wireless wireless.bak
- wifi detect > wireless
5. Manually edit /etc/config/wireless to incorporate SSID settings from wireless.bak backup copy for both interfaces. Give 5G interface a separate SSID name (eg <something>-5G); not 100% sure if this is needed.
6. Save a copy of new config in case it gets overwritten:
- cp wireless wireless.new
7. Restart networking: /etc/init.d/network restart
Note: Gargoyle GUI config will revert the 5GHz settings is you save Connection -> basic settings again from the GUI; so either don't do that, or else be prepared to restore from the backup copy.
Next job: fix the Gargoyle GUI configuration (if I get to it and can work it out
Otherwise, Gargoyle 1.7.1 working fine for me on TP-Link Archer C7 router.