Gargoyle-ispy 2013-October-03.7z

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK

http://goo.gl/1d6wlK

Bajramo

Re: Gargoyle-ispy 2013-October-03.7z

Post by Bajramo »

Any changes to note?

Improved Wi-Fi stability maybe ?

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

maybe

netweaver

Post by netweaver »

I'm following along with this one too. Anything we should look at or test ?
It's almost like getting 'nightly' Gargoyle releases :)
Any chance for changelog?

bouwew

Post by bouwew »

Update: Never mind, solved it by adding a "correct" attitude_adjust plugin source: http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_a ... c/packages without the .1 in /12.09.1/ :D

Old text: No longer possible to install nano?
It looks like only the gargoyle package list is updated when issuing the gpkg update command, the attitude_adjustment list is empty?!
Last edited by bouwew on Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

bouwew

Post by bouwew »

Ispyisail, another question: I noticed the Gargoyle revision reported to be 9b5be4b. Is this the correct number?
I could find a revision 9b5be4be of 8/13/2013 in the Redmine revisions list...
My assumption has always been that you would create a release after Eric (and others?) have updated the repository. Am I wrong?

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

bouwew wrote:Ispyisail, another question: I noticed the Gargoyle revision reported to be 9b5be4b. Is this the correct number?
I could find a revision 9b5be4be of 8/13/2013 in the Redmine revisions list...
My assumption has always been that you would create a release after Eric (and others?) have updated the repository. Am I wrong?
I just see if there are any updates in the repository than make a build

NZ is at the start of the date line so effectively I'm building a day ahead of the states.

Back to the Future :)

pmerrill

Post by pmerrill »

Just had my TP-Link 4300 go bonkers. Would only stay up for about 2-3 min and then crashed and did a reboot. I ended up having to reflash with stock firmware to get it back.

While I'm sorry to deal with the old TP-Link firmware, I did find an interesting fact, the wireless signal that stock generates is much stronger than this version of firmware. The signal is available to greater parts of my house than before. I put this down to some problem with OpenWRT. Thus, until this is fixed, I'm going to have to stick with stock. Ugh,
Paul
Gargoyle 1.11.x on TP-Link Archer C7 V2 H/W

marcb

Post by marcb »

pmerrill wrote:Just had my TP-Link 4300 go bonkers. Would only stay up for about 2-3 min and then crashed and did a reboot. I ended up having to reflash with stock firmware to get it back.

While I'm sorry to deal with the old TP-Link firmware, I did find an interesting fact, the wireless signal that stock generates is much stronger than this version of firmware. The signal is available to greater parts of my house than before. I put this down to some problem with OpenWRT. Thus, until this is fixed, I'm going to have to stick with stock. Ugh,
did you try with DD-WRT?

pmerrill

Post by pmerrill »

Yes I have tried dd-wrt and it has had problems as well. Gargoyle has a great interface but it has been flaky over the time, not particularily Gargoyle but OpenWRT. As I understand it, DD-WRT and OpenWRT shard similar driver firmware for the chipsets so problems in one are problems with the other.

I'll need to stick with stock for a while until I get tired of it.

Funny thing was Gargoyle probably ran for at least 3 months solid and then started this funny issue. Doing a reboot or power cycle did not fix the problem and I could not waste time diagnosing it.

TP-Link firmware is good in terms of performance but not very good in terms of userfriendlyness. OpenDNS can't be autoupdated, remote access does not work, ntp server setup does not work well. Restrictions are ugly to setup, all pretty bad.
Paul
Gargoyle 1.11.x on TP-Link Archer C7 V2 H/W