PPPoA

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

Gaskell

PPPoA

Post by Gaskell »

Some places work on PPPoA and don't have PPPoE like where I live. That means currently I have double NAT as I cant use bridge mode. PPPoA would be a great addition so then anyone can use gargoyle without issues.

mix

Re: PPPoA

Post by mix »

Can you install ppp-mod-pppoa with opkg and then edit /etc/config/network to suit your needs?

http://wiki.openwrt.org/doc/uci/network ... r.atm.aal5
WRT54GL v1.1
Gargoyle 1.4.7

Gaskell

Post by Gaskell »

Well tbh that looks a lot more complicated than I have experience with. From what I've seen Gargoyle does not support PPPoA. If this was just simply add a file then I would guess the dev's would have already added this.
I could be wrong, I don't know a great deal about this.

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

From my seat the trouble is that I do not have a PPPoA connection so I have no way to test anything.

If I had just one user with a PPPoA connection willing to make PPPoA work, tell me what they did and then test it the resulting Gargoyle code then it would be supported.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

Gaskell

Post by Gaskell »

I hear you. I kinda guessed that you either had PPPoA or both PPPoE and PPPoA. Obviously I was quite off the mark.
I understand its hard (if not impossible) to implement something you cant work on. If I knew enough I would help but its waaaay over my head.