Quotas causing reboots on C7 with 1.9.x

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

GAChuck

Re: Quotas causing reboots on C7 with 1.9.x

Post by GAChuck »

Thanks, guys! I guess I'll hang with this box for now then. The router seems to be stable with quotas that block access vs. throttling. It's not ideal, as the intent was to leave the kiddos with enough bandwidth to do their homework, but not enough to continue binge watching Netflix or YouTube. However, dealing with this inconvenience is much better than paying $100/month in data overage fees! :shock:

A huge "THANKS" to you and everyone who works on this project! I'll be looking into what I can do to support it.
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 running 1.9.X

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

No worries mate. You can try setting up throttling using QOS. That doesn't seem to crash.

Basically set up a QOS class with max bandwidth of what you want to throttle to, then under quotas you will have the option to drop traffic into that class when the quota is met.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

GAChuck

Post by GAChuck »

Lantis wrote:No worries mate. You can try setting up throttling using QOS. That doesn't seem to crash.

Basically set up a QOS class with max bandwidth of what you want to throttle to, then under quotas you will have the option to drop traffic into that class when the quota is met.
I'm new to QOS - I read the FAQ posted about it (very instructive) and it makes sense when I consider each aspect by itself. Combining them will take some experimenting to gain fluency. Is there a way to tell a class to be active ONLY when they've exceeded their daily bandwidth? I'm thinking not, though it can't hurt to ask :?:

On that same note, is there a way to create a restriction based upon an IP's daily usage and port/IP/URL combination?
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 running 1.9.X

DroopyBits

Post by DroopyBits »

Has this issue been resolved (July 2016) or is it still outstanding?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Resolved
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

DroopyBits

Post by DroopyBits »

Oh. I'm still getting it.
I am running:
Gargoyle Version:1.9.X (Built 20160420-1241 git@92c2ca6)
Model:TP-Link Archer C7 v2
Device Configuration:Gateway

What version should I be using and where do I get it?

Thanks

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

1.9.1, from the downloads page

DroopyBits

Post by DroopyBits »

Thanks. Have updated it, so I'll see how it goes.
Discovered: quotas can drop traffic into a custom service class if that service class has already been defined, otherwise there is no drop into service class option on the quota menu