Quota Indivdual PC

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

sajjadhalai

Quota Indivdual PC

Post by sajjadhalai »

I have applied quota "all individual PC without explicit data"
and throttle when exceeded is 100 KBPS
Problem is they all get 100kbps combined, they are not getting individually 100KBPS.

If I have 8MBPS Acccount .. it gets 800 kbps...i throttle on exceed is 100KBPS
but when 4 clients has exceeded their limit .. they cant even get individually 100kpbs ....But that throttle speed 100 is distributed in them./...
why they are getting on combined.. why not individually plz some body help me.

pbix
Developer

Re: Quota Indivdual PC

Post by pbix »

What you described is the way the quota system is designed to work.

I cannot think of a way that you can get exactly what you want with Gargoyle.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

sajjadhalai

Post by sajjadhalai »

i have selected "all individual PC without explicit data" option.
I mean quota is for individual PC is working fine. But Throttle speed is not working on individually.. it is working as Combined.

If throttle speed is 100 kbps then all should get individually 100 kbps when they reach Quota limit. because i have selected "all individual PC without explicit data" option...But they are getting as combined 100kbps,

any script or any file editing should I do. I will do, plz help me.

rfdude

Post by rfdude »

I answered this elsewhere in this forum and won't repeat here. I'll have to do some additional testing, as the poster above is stating that individual quota's are respected per intentions, but the QoS is acting in a combined way. Unless I've had my head in the sand, that was not my impression of how my Gargoyle system is working.

Last year, I didn't use QoS... only quota. I cut off the IP when quota was exceeded. This year I throttle when exceeded per IP. But I'm under the impression that all quota's and throttling are per IP, not combined (although I do have a 10 Gb combined limit for the entire site).

The only other aspect perhaps is how the SLOW QoS that must be created for this to work, reserves a very small % of the total BW available. What if too many people are on the SLOW QoS... they all share it and it gets even slower? :idea:
rfdude
------------------
1.09.2 Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 -> 8 OpenMesh AP's
1.10.0 Archer C7 -> Multiple Cisco 1702i Autonomous Mode

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

QoS and Quotas use classes to control bandwidth. Traffic is routed through the classes based on the quotas you create. As has been noted in this thread all traffic routed through a class shares the bandwidth allocated to that class. They share equally per IP but they still share.

The way to avoid sharing is to create individual slow classes for each IP. Then create individual quota rules for each IP. Then as each IP exceeds its own quota it is dropped into its own slow class.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM