TL-WDR4300 v1 Rebooting after enabling QoS

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

manwinder

TL-WDR4300 v1 Rebooting after enabling QoS

Post by manwinder »

I wanted to throttle streaming videos (youtube, netflix, etc) on my network. I had previously been doing this using quotas but that caused some problems.

I created the service classes, classification rules, and enabled ACC. I was saving as I was making the changes, after adding everything I wanted and doing the final save the router started rebooting every 20-30 seconds. I was able to get on and restore it to default config. I updated it to 1.9.2 thinking that maybe it was a weird glitch. It did the same thing when I restored the config (I was also able to download the config when it was rebooting).

I have disabled QoS and everything is working normally. I did notice that the CPU Load Averages for 1 minute was 1.02, assuming that means 102%. I assume the router was overheating and rebooting.

All but 2 of my classification rules apply to specific ip addresses. I'll probably play around with the QoS in a few hours. And btw the connection bytes is 8000 kBytes cause I assume that means that it is enabled after a device downloads over 8 ish MB's.

Here are screenshots of the download QoS settings:

Lantis

Re: TL-WDR4300 v1 Rebooting after enabling QoS

Post by Lantis »

Turn off any rules which use "application protocol" and watch your rebooting problem vanish.
That feature is currently broken.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

manwinder

Re: TL-WDR4300 v1 Rebooting after enabling QoS

Post by manwinder »

cool thanks