Email,SMS notification

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

splinter02

Email,SMS notification

Postby splinter02 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:48 pm

Hi all,

I was wondering if the email notification could be coded for the quota management? Here is what I would like to accomplish, I have a guest account for a airbnb style rental (Monthly). I include 40 Go a month, which of course shuts off by quota management, but would like to send notification via sms when user reaches 50%, 90%, ect... like the major cell phone providers do. This would be a very nice feature which would put less stress to my life when the phone rings at midnight because they lost internet... Thanks

Lantis

Re: Email,SMS notification

Postby Lantis » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:12 pm

You can roll your own script for this which checks the quote values and then triggers an email if needed.
You can use the "print_quotas" command on a cron schedule, and the email notifications plugin to provide you with the email sending utility.
Routers: Various ar71xx/mvebu/x86-64
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases

splinter02

Postby splinter02 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:44 pm

Thanks, I understand the dynamic side of this, but im not a shell script programmer, if someone could help me out a bit it would be appreciated

splinter02

Postby splinter02 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:56 pm

Anyone?

Return to “Monitoring / Quota / QoS Issues”