Uploading Config BWMON Failure

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

schep87

Uploading Config BWMON Failure

Post by schep87 »

I am using Gargoyle 1.6.2 on Ubiquiti devices.

I have several configurations that I have backed up and then I restore those backups on other Ubiquiti devices, the same model numbers.

However, I have noticed a problem that when I restore the backup the device will get in a reset loop every 90 sec.

I have discovered that it is directly related to the bandwidth monitor functions. If I go to the B/W Distribution page and delete all the BW monitor history the device does not reset any more.

Any ideas on why that could cause the reset loop? Also, what is a command I could put in the rc.local file to disable/stop the BW monitor from running in the first place?

Lantis

Re: Uploading Config BWMON Failure

Post by Lantis »

This sounds exactly like the reboot issue fixed in 1.7.X recently. You could upgrade, or manually apply the fix. It may need to be modified to work with 1.6.2 however.
https://github.com/ericpaulbishop/gargo ... c307434389
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

schep87

Post by schep87 »

Thanks for the reference.

However, I do not even want the BWMON to be running. I'm wondering if I disable the service if it will also get rid of the error.

Here's whats in my /etc/rc.local file:

Code: Select all

# Put your custom commands here that should be executed once
# the system init finished. By default this file does nothing.

echo '0' > '/sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0/ath9k/ani'
How can I change this file so the BWMON stops and is disabled?

schep87

Post by schep87 »

I updated my rc.local file to the following using WinSCP:

Code: Select all

# Put your custom commands here that should be executed once
# the system init finished. By default this file does nothing.

echo '0' > '/sys/kernel/debug/ieee80211/phy0/ath9k/ani'
/etc/init.d/bwmon_gargoyle stop
/etc/init.d/bwmon_gragoyle disable

exit 0
I then restart the router, but the Bandwidth monitor is still running! Does the BWMON get called somewhere else after bootup?

I then tried to stop the service just by deleting the bwmon_gargoyle file in /etc/init.d, but it still started up!!!

Does anyone have any ideas as to why BWMON keeps starting?

schep87

Post by schep87 »

Sorry for all the back-to-back responses, but I am trying to troubleshoot this issue and share with anyone who is experiencing the same issues.

So it appears as the the commands to stop the bwmon work for all of my configurations that have the WAN interface enabled. If a device has the WAN interface enabled the the BWMON will not run.

If the configuration has the WAN intefaced DISABLED, the BWMON starts regardless of the lines in rc.local. I'm surprised it even starts, since on the Bandwidth Usage page a line says "All bandwidth usage is reported via the WAN interface only."

How can the BWMON be running if the WAN interface is not on?