No internet access from 2nd wireless network.

Report wireless and/or network connectivity problems in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

nworbnhoj

Re: No internet access from 2nd wireless network.

Post by nworbnhoj »

There are quite a few settings under the Gargoyle Firewall section that can block access (ie quotas, restrictions, QoS). The default settings should allow access.

If you reset your router does the problem persist?

You can reset to defaults by opening a terminal and type

Code: Select all

ssh root@192.168.1.1
password
At the Gargoyle prompt type

Code: Select all

firstboot
You will need to physically connect to a LAN port on the router to reconfigure Gargoyle from the start. Just go as far as getting your internet connection up and then see if the problem persists
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E

Radiorob

Post by Radiorob »

nworbnhoj wrote:...
You will need to physically connect to a LAN port on the router to reconfigure Gargoyle from the start. Just go as far as getting your internet connection up and then see if the problem persists
Thanks! Good idea :D , I will try this at weekend.

apvm

Post by apvm »

Looks like I have the same problem as yours, please share if you find a solution. TIA

Radiorob

Post by Radiorob »

It works :D . I have upload Gargoyle 1.7.1 (version with default configuration, not upgrade) to my WDR 4300. Configurated WiFi network and admin password and I have access to interned from Sapido (second router working as univ. repeater). Thanks for help. Now I will try to find what change in Gargoyle configuration will block internet in 2nd WiFi network.
Maybe something was wrong in older Gargoyle version and was duplicated to newer version because I have always used upgrade version to flash my WDR-4300.